Wedding Etiquette Forum

TGIF - Take 2

Re: TGIF - Take 2

• No shame in my game.  I know I have a shiiity memory, so if something sticks out enough to me I'll jot it down.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • It makes FFF more interesting when people actually remember their flames, so go on with your bad self.
  • The one time I took notes was the time FFF got really interesting. That's the one where Ricks called me a twat, LVB and Andy got into it over buffetgate, and other interesting things happened.

I have been catching up on threads early in the morning, so I haven't really contributed anything, which is why I don't want to start it. I think my only flame so far is not from this board.
  • Pretty much Eags.  You forgot that a newb'll flame TK for sucking.

Also, There might be a discussion where someone flames people for talking about nail polish/cats/hunger games too much and then people flame them for that and say "if you don't like it, skip those posts."  That one's always exciting.
  • And then TK will break and our dull FFF will disappear into the abyss.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm going to a breakfast buffet tomorrow. Mmmm.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_tgif-take-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7b4d9ace-e9be-4463-811d-d3167a335bd8Post:1daa17e3-4172-46e7-8c77-965de61e2ed2">Re: TGIF - Take 2</a>:
    [QUOTE]Pretty much Eags.  You forgot that a newb'll flame TK for sucking. <strong>Also, There might be a discussion where someone flames people for talking about nail polish/cats/hunger games too much and then people flame them for that and say "if you don't like it, skip those posts."</strong>  That one's always exciting.
    Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]

<div>And then everyone will jump all over the person who said to skip the posts and say, "It's a flame. She's allowed to flame stuff. You don't have to agree with it."</div><div>
    </div><div>However, flaming the "I hate nail polish and jewelry threads" comments is somehow off limits, even though both people are flaming a behavior they find annoying. That should last for about three pages before someone talks about how slow and boring this place is, and how it isn't like it used to be.</div>
  • I always see people reference Buffetgate, but I have been unable to find the thread since I have no idea what I'm even looking for.
  • Good summary guys.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm going to some restaurant and food show tomorrow that should have a plethora of free samples.  I'm pretty excited.
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Because Midge is a puppy. Undecided

TBH, I prefer when people have a reason other than "she annoys me" when flaming someone. Give a reason why. I'd much rather someone say, "I don't like Special because she talks about her crazy ILs all day" instead of "I don't like Special."
  • speaking of which, and I've been wondering this... do you think Midge read FFF and AYG?  I mean, she's been on the interwebs daily posting about her honeymoon... and if she did, do you think she'll come back?
  • And flaming OOT or CMGr is just too predictable.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_tgif-take-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7b4d9ace-e9be-4463-811d-d3167a335bd8Post:841912b3-6e00-4a79-841d-4a95432ba66d">Re: TGIF - Take 2</a>:
    [QUOTE]Because Midge is a puppy.  TBH, I prefer when people have a reason other than "she annoys me" when flaming someone. Give a reason why. I'd much rather someone say, "I don't like Special because she talks about her crazy ILs all day" instead of "I don't like Special."
    Posted by specialk84[/QUOTE]
    Yeah.  I agree with this.

I don't know if Midge will be back.  I hope so.  But considering everyone was going around saying "we can't flame Midge" there was an awful lot of Midge-flaming last week. 

Books read in 2012: 21/50

• I ate too much last night and did not have enough leftovers to make a satisfying lunch. I'm already hungry again.

Cool story.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_tgif-take-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7b4d9ace-e9be-4463-811d-d3167a335bd8Post:490d58b6-d517-4ac7-99f1-cbcbfb72ecc7">Re: TGIF - Take 2</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: TGIF - Take 2 : I'm sure you can't flame her this week because ZOMG she's not here to defend herself.
    Posted by Holly4212011[/QUOTE]
    What?

There's nothing to flame her ABOUT this week.   She hasn't been around.

• My mom just called and left me a message, she wants me to bring Sweetie back because her cat misses Sweetie, Sweetie is used to him and he is much more laid back than Dakota. I am just sitting her crying because I will miss her so much but she's almost 15 so maybe it would be better for her stress.
  • Another FFF pet peeve is when some newb rolls in and is all, "OMG!!!! You're so MEAN!!" Then the next two pages are filled with posters mocking her or telling her to GTFO. 

It may be more of an "I get it," but every time this starts to happen, I groan.
  • ya, if someone flames Midge this week, they are stretching pretty far considering she's not here. 
  • I never have flames so I feel bad complaining about FFF. I don't know if it's because I have a horrible TK memory or if because I'm too laid back to really care too much what other people say. 
  • I'm pretty sure Holly was referencing people bitching about people flaming Midge last week. She was here for part of the week, got flamed, then everyone started talking about how Midge is somehow off-limits and you can't flame her if she's not here to see it.

In other words, it got stupid.
  • I don't get why anybody would think anyone is off limits to be flamed? 

• I don't either, Habs. 

The only things I think are (or should be) off limits are wedding pictures and pictures of your kid.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_tgif-take-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7b4d9ace-e9be-4463-811d-d3167a335bd8Post:2ca62c7d-a21d-45ba-852c-c4eec75979f9">Re: TGIF - Take 2</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't get why anybody would think anyone is off limits to be flamed? 
    Posted by Habs2Hart[/QUOTE]
    I always thought THINGS were off-limits to comment on (appearance, wedding pictures, fertility issues, kids' appearances), but I've never known someone to be bulletproof.

There was one time I remember (we're talking WAYYYYY back) when some new poster wrote something.  Fishy misread it and came in guns blazing, flaming the OP.  She got flamed for it.  And that was Fish.  As a new poster, I thought Fish was the one person who wouldn't get flamed.

• I think "We don't flame Midge" started as a joke and some people actually took it seriously. I'm curious as to know which regs have never actually been flamed.
  • Wait, why can't we flame wedding pictures? I get all the others, but if someone took a stupid wedding photo, why can't we say so?
  • I mean, do people not get called out on the things they say/do IRL?
  • Angel, I hadn't until the previously mentioned FFF where all hell broke loose. I think Birdie had a pretty long streak before she got flamed.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_tgif-take-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7b4d9ace-e9be-4463-811d-d3167a335bd8Post:e98d7d06-277a-4229-966b-b146d73cfaef">Re: TGIF - Take 2</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wait, why can't we flame wedding pictures? I get all the others, but if someone took a stupid wedding photo, why can't we say so?
    Posted by ArynBaker[/QUOTE]
    Eh.  There's a fine line.  If it's a stupid photograph with INTENT to be stupid (funny face, etc.) then I think the consensus is that it's okay.  But something like "That's a terrible angle, you look fat" or "Your wedding dress really didn't flatter you" or "Your husband looks like a moron" pretty much fall under the category of off-limits.  I think.  I'm not the TK po-po here.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_tgif-take-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7b4d9ace-e9be-4463-811d-d3167a335bd8Post:e98d7d06-277a-4229-966b-b146d73cfaef">Re: TGIF - Take 2</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wait, why can't we flame wedding pictures? I get all the others, but if someone took a stupid wedding photo, why can't we say so?
    Posted by ArynBaker[/QUOTE]

<div>I think there's a difference between saying, "That pose is not the most flattering" and any of the following:</div><div>
    </div><div>"You look fat."</div><div>
    </div><div>"You look like a clown prostitute applied your makeup."</div><div>
    </div><div>"You look like you have a drowned rat on your head." (actually said)</div><div>
    </div><div>"You have devil eyes." (actually said)</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards