Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Prison Wives

Have you every seen it?

I'm watching it now. So far I can't see myself loving these particular men that much to go through what they do to stay married.  

Do you think you could stay married to a murderer with zero chance of release?

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 

Re: Prison Wives

• Options
    Hell no
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    Wait.  Are these women they were married to before or after they went into prison?
  • Options
    I haven't seen it but I do wonder about the women who SEEK men in prison and marry them. I don't get it. I mean, if you were together before he went to prison, sure. Marry the dude. But to purposely seek out to date and eventually marry a guy in prison without any chance of getting out? It makes no sense. I understand being lonely, but... that's a whole other level.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_prison-wives?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7be623d7-5abc-43af-a72f-b3e39974574aPost:1eb2095e-49f8-4cd7-a70c-aa81b8e7b5fa">Re: Prison Wives</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wait.  Are these women they were married to before or after they went into prison?
    Posted by AmoroAgain[/QUOTE]

So far I've seen 2 shows.  One before, the other after.  

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options

I'm watching it now too.  I can't even fathom how these women manage to maintain these marriages.  Talk about commitment.

• Options
    oh and the one who was married before:
    '
    His ex was 'crazy', they go on Jerry Springer over it (enough said right?), he has sex with the ex the night before Jerry, they split for a little bit, get back together.   Ex ends up dead, husband is convicted of the crime.

Yeah... no.

• Options
    Wooooowww......
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_prison-wives?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7be623d7-5abc-43af-a72f-b3e39974574aPost:b2c2a6b3-305e-4e9c-82d1-8bbf5f2b2ef0">Re: Prison Wives</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm watching it now too.  I can't even fathom how these women manage to maintain these marriages.  Talk about commitment.
    Posted by bbyckes[/QUOTE]

Did you see the visitation ritual?   Wow... I could not do that.  Besides the guy was an ass to begin with, staying with him after he murdered his ex is just nuts. 

I get wanted to be commited... But he took another life for god's sake.  I know that might be a dealbreaker for me.

• Options
    And she's still with him????  Someone needs an intervention.
  • Options
    Holy crap. The only way I could deal with that would be if I knew without a doubt that my husband was innocent, and I would therefore keep working to get him released, but if I knew my husband had murdered someone, I think it would be over. And to actively seek out a convicted criminal and marry them is just masochistic.
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_prison-wives?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:7be623d7-5abc-43af-a72f-b3e39974574aPost:81cee640-43cd-433a-a269-436e9ff99a96">Re: Prison Wives</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Prison Wives : Did you see the visitation ritual?   Wow... I could not do that.  Besides the guy was an ass to begin with, staying with him after he murdered his ex is just nuts.  I get wanted to be commited... But he took another life for god's sake.  I know that might be a dealbreaker for me.
    Posted by lyndausvi[/QUOTE]

Haha, yeah, on the list of my dealbreakers, being a murder is pretty high.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My MIL divorced DH's dad when he was in prison (not for murder).  She said that was not a live she wanted to live.   He was only in for a few years and never went back.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards