Wedding Etiquette Forum

Are you kidding me?

FMIL went to England to visit her GF's family with her for two weeks...called me today to say she's thinking of moving there and could we possible consider moving the date of the wedding up so that if she divorced FFIL she wouldn't be "stuck" stateside so long.  Guh...what?

?FI took a group of kids from our church to convention on the other side of the state today...he called me AFTER he had arrived to tell me he forget the meds that are helping him fight the lung issues from last week - the ones that are helping him breathe.  Ugh.  *headdesk*

And then my dvd player goes belly up.  I'm not at my apartment enough to justify paying for cable, so...blurgh.  iTunes and TK it is, then!

Anyone doing anything supremely interesting tonight?

***raise your glass if you are wrong in all the right ways***
oh noes, sweetpea UPDATED her planning bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Are you kidding me?

• Ick.  What a craptastic day you had.
    Hope the knot brings you some much needed entertainment tonight.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Wow...you have a lot of bad days.

Nothing interesting here.  Working for another 2+ hours, then homework.

Stop The Drama!

image Love people. Use things. Never confuse the two.
  • Eh, yeah, I know.  I do have good days, too, though - like yesterday, when I found out I'm definitely graduating, and that I'm possibly working my religious national convention this summer (which means instead of me paying $400 to attend, they'll pay for me!).

TK always brings entertainment...always.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Holy moly, budlight? I know it is not outstanding, but I promise to share :)

As for MIL, you can't do anything more than be understanding. Stick to yours guns but definitely try ot include her. FI just needs a good smakc, we all do that from time to time :)

Want something cute to cheer you up?

• Kittehs! Love it.  Mine is trying to monopolize the computer, but he's cute so I'll keep him around.

FMIL can be BSC, but this may just be another whim.  I told her that unfortunately we had already out deposits down so we couldn't and wouldn't be moving the date, but that if she had any other concerns, she'd have to address them with FI from now on.  And hung up.  Crazy woman.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yay for graduating!  And YAY for not having to pay for your convention!  :)  Sounds like you handled your crazy FMIL perfectly.

Stop The Drama!

image Love people. Use things. Never confuse the two.
  • Thanks - I'm trying very hard to not deal with her, but still be polite when I have to.  I just don't know why she thinks it is appropriate to call ME about these things instead of FI.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards