New York-New York City
Options

Good bachelorette sites?

Looking for:
A bar that serves decent food and has dancing.  Basically, I want a place that people who want to dance can, but not everyone is forced to (some people coming are not 100% into the dance scene and will likely just want to sit and chat at a table).

Music - hip hop or pop type of music
Location - Manhattan
Age group - preferably people in their mid-20s to mid-30s range

The last time I went out to the bars in NYC was like 3 years ago, so I'm totally out of tune with a good place to go -- please help!!  Thanks in advance.  :)

My Attempted Wedding Blog - http://aroseywedding.blogspot.com/

Re: Good bachelorette sites?

• Options
    Calico Jacks is good. I went there a few years back for my 21st. They allow you to dance on the bar LOL! They serve food there as well. I remember it being good. Porkys is also good. Both bars usually have a young group of people.
  • Options
    ljsquintzljsquintz member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I think you would be best off having dinner somewhere and then moving to a lounge with seating.  For a very upscale experience, check out the Dream Hotel Downtown - they have a rooftop bar there called PH-D.  You could get dinner at the hotel's restaurant (or anywhere in the meatpacking district) and then go to the rooftop bar for drinks.  The views of the city are amazing
    In that same neighborhood, also check out the Park on 18th and 10th.  You can eat dinner and then dance here - the crowd is a bit younger (mid 20s), but the place is so big that you can have your own space.  This is also a very reasonably priced option.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-new-york-city_good-bachelorette-sites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:114Discussion:f1ff5207-824a-44ab-86b2-d36be88d49dfPost:01d1dd26-b3cd-4fc1-9b76-5b315436204e">Re: Good bachelorette sites?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Calico Jacks is good. I went there a few years back for my 21st. They allow you to dance on the bar LOL! They serve food there as well. I remember it being good. <strong>Porkys is also good.</strong> Both bars usually have a young group of people.
    Posted by ujocdeelovely[/QUOTE]
    Porkys is closed btw.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-new-york-city_good-bachelorette-sites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:114Discussion:f1ff5207-824a-44ab-86b2-d36be88d49dfPost:b3eb822d-192b-4194-b346-0b9df905d4d2">Re: Good bachelorette sites?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good bachelorette sites? : Porkys is closed btw.
    Posted by ljsquintz[/QUOTE]

Really?!? I wonder why? The last time I was there was 3 years ago.
  • Options
    I THINK it is now a bar called The Lott - sounds like a similar type of atmosphere as Porky's though.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards