Wedding Etiquette Forum

They don't condone our marriage because of our living situation...

Tell me ladies if you think there should be a response to this letter or if it's just not worth it.

SUMMARY:  I received a letter from my godparents(haven't seen/talked to them in 10 years) stating they were planning on coming to our wedding but found out we're living together and they will no longer be present (they even included our response card with the "attending" box scratched out and the "not attending" box filled in...really?).  

That was followed by a two page synopsis of "immoral sexual relations", "God's guidelines" and an ultimatum to "end the cohabitation-right now" or else they would neither attend the wedding or condone the union that we have spat upon by betraying the sanctity of.

i mean, i respect a religious viewpoint.  i can't say i understand it but i don't feel like there is any discussion that can be had at this point. 

the only reason we invited them is because i thought it was proper.  they have been present for all major milestones in my life, and this seemed like another one they should be involved in.

strangely, my feelings are not hurt.  i don't feel any animosity either. 

and writing back...isn't it just a waste of pen and paper?  

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards