Wedding Etiquette Forum

What do you mean February's not over yet... (night thread)

Happy almost leap day!

Seven more work days until fun in the sun.  So excited  for that ;).

I'm in a special project meeting at work for the next 3 days but I still have to get my normal work done.  It's gonna be a few long nights I think.  

Re: What do you mean February's not over yet... (night thread)

• And apparently I'm here alone tonight :(
  • Hi!  I'm exhausted.  We just unpacked the entire kitchen.  Tomorrow, I will be able to cook again!

I am thrilled to have internet and cable again too.  This place will become a home soon.  Woot.
  • I'm here for you, Loops!
  • Yay for being able to cook Mica!  That's always a milestone in a move.

Crfb - barre like ballet?
  • Hey Loopy! I'm jealous of your vacation. We don't have another vacation planned until our honeymoon. Where are you going? 

P.S. I agree, it's been a long month
  • Hi Nola!!  How've you been?
  • I'm excited for tomorrow, it's my aunt's 19th birthday (well, technically. She's really 76). But she's the only leap year baby in our family =] Her & I had our sweet 16 the same year, it was super fun. 

And yes, this month has taken forever. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Aryn - I am going to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.
  • Omg Loopy, now I am SUPER jealous of you! 
  • I just had a bit of a panic attack.  We had a practical in the lab today, and I forgot to write down my tube number.  I think it was 31, but I'm not positive and now I'm freaking out. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • jw - that's kind of cool.  I don't know any leap babies.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_what-do-you-mean-februarys-not-over-yet-night-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:860f1a2c-ed71-4ad4-87ec-6c9bc5472030Post:386f63fe-4ae2-42b3-a06c-1d8be59092b4">Re: What do you mean February's not over yet... (night thread)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just had a bit of a panic attack.  We had a practical in the lab today, and I forgot to write down my tube number.  I think it was 31, but I'm not positive and now I'm freaking out. 
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

<div>Go with your gut and don't double guess yourself :) </div>
  • Adamar?  Can you just take the last one left? ;)  J/K.  If you think it was 31, it probably was.
  • edited February 2012
    Howdy. I'm editing my book and it's taking forever. And watching Idol to pass the time until Justified comes on. The kid on now is freaking awful.
  • Is Idol any good this season?  I haven't watched at all.
  • I am usually a lurker, but there has been a lack of posting tonight so I thought I would jump in on the evening thread.

I started watching Idol this year, but the I started watching and got addicted to The Voice.
  • So, apparently we're watching HIMYM, but...I have no idea what's going on, because this is NOT the first episode.  But it's the first I've seen.  I feel like it would be funnier if we watched from the BEGINNING like normal people.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • No, it's pretty crappy. I'm not really invested, there's just nothing better on at the moment.

But, at least now you get to see actual singing (the voting has started). All they showed because was stupid filler crap and 10 seconds of singing in between.
  • loopy we have fun with her, like teasing that she's underage & can't drink. My aunt is the only leap yeay baby I know. 

I can't wait for baseball season to start. It's really the only time I watch TV. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That barre class seems pretty cool.

OK - I'm in desperate need of help. I mentioned the other day I'm having an acne issue. They have gotten so disgusting, just keeps getting worse and more gross-looking. Do you guys know of any product that actually lives up to its claim to clear pimples? Or at least any decent cover up in the meantime? I have yet to find a product that actually gets rid of zits, and my makeup just isn't doing the trick.

I just want to hide out for a couple of weeks until this gets less hideous, but unfortunately I have to work. HALP!
  • Hi everyone!  A girl I went to HS with is a leap year baby, but I don't think I know of anyone else who is.

I think I'm going to go to bed early tonight (but not yet because I'll be up at 3 am if I turn in now).  I haven't slept well the past few nights so I need to try and get a good night's sleep tonight.

I'm jealous of your vacation Loopy.  NCL keeps sending me emails and/or calling me to try and book a cruise.  Can I financially afford one right now? Yes, but there are too many other variables that are up in the air for me to be able to go on one right now.
  • I'm sticking with 31. I guess I'll find out Thursday if I'm right.  Ugh.

JK, are you watching it on TV or netflix?  

• I haven't really enjoyed the new season of HIMYM. I love the older episodes, but something is lacking now. Maybe the show has just run it's course.
  • Oh Jill - I'm so sorry to hear that.  I have no advice, but I hope you figure something out soon.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_what-do-you-mean-februarys-not-over-yet-night-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:860f1a2c-ed71-4ad4-87ec-6c9bc5472030Post:43605424-e366-4e1c-bb73-5739e8430ca5">Re: What do you mean February's not over yet... (night thread)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm sticking with 31. I guess I'll find out Thursday if I'm right.  Ugh. JK, are you watching it on TV or netflix?  
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

H DVRed reruns today while he was home sick.  But I have no idea which season, or what.  I don't know who anyone is, or anything that's going on.  He doesn't think it's a problem.  Boys.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • WTF!!! TK just ate my post.   Grrr!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_what-do-you-mean-februarys-not-over-yet-night-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:860f1a2c-ed71-4ad4-87ec-6c9bc5472030Post:08b78c1f-9c66-4c43-96e7-b2bc02b7a161">Re: What do you mean February's not over yet... (night thread)</a>:
    [QUOTE]That barre class seems pretty cool. OK - I'm in desperate need of help. I mentioned the other day I'm having an acne issue. They have gotten so disgusting, just keeps getting worse and more gross-looking. Do you guys know of any product that actually lives up to its claim to clear pimples? Or at least any decent cover up in the meantime? I have yet to find a product that actually gets rid of zits, and my makeup just isn't doing the trick. I just want to hide out for a couple of weeks until this gets less hideous, but unfortunately I have to work. HALP!
    Posted by daffodil_jill[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I am usually a lurker, but I have had this issue when I went off hormonal birth control, except mine was really bad back acne. I tried all of the over the counter stuff and nothing helped, so I went to my doctor. I didn't want to take any pills, so she prescribed me a topical antibiotic (Clindamycin) and it can in a tube that kind of looked like a bingo dabber and I just put it on the pimples and it really worked. Maybe you could get something topical that's medicated?</div>
  • Okay, so I just had to google HIMYM, that's how out of touch with popular culture I am.

Hi! My fingers hurt from viola class, and my foot STILL hurts. I've decided that I should probably get the stupid thing x-rayed, since the bruising is spreading and it still hurts.
  • I love HIMYM, but I haven't watched in a few seasons.  No DVR so I've lost track of a lot of series I used to record cause I'm just not home when they're on.  I should catch up.
  • Sara, it took me longer than I care to admit to figure out what HIMYM stood for.  

Daff, have you tried cetaphil?  I think that stuff worked pretty well for me when I would get bad breakouts.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards