New York-New York City

Brooklyn Bridge Park ceremony

Hi ladies-

I am having a small (50 ppl) wedding and am planning to have the ceremony in Brooklyn Bridge Park.  The choices are Pier 1 on the lawn or on Pebble Beach.  Has anyone held or been to a wedding at either spot?  Initially we were thinking the lawn on Pier 1, but as I see more pictures of weddings on pebble beach, I'm leaning towards that.  It just seems a little prettier- right on the water and there is natural seating, whereas the lawn on Pier 1 you cannot have any equipment and are only allowed to bring 5 chairs for elderly guests.  We don't have a ton of elderly guests coming, but it would be nice for the guests to have the option of sitting down for the short ceremony.   We are looking to have the wedding in early October so the weather should still be fairly nice.  Any thoughts?
Thanks!

Re: Brooklyn Bridge Park ceremony

• edited December 2011
    Definitely Pebble Beach.  I think it's prettier and less formal than the pier, and would feel more intimate.
  • katehaldkatehald member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I/m just staring to plan something super similar...what will you do if it rains?  You're not having a tent or anything, right?
    -kate
  • bouncinsolbouncinsol member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If it rains we'll be having the ceremony at the restaurant where the reception is being held.  Hopefully it won't rain!  I don't think they allow you to have tents.... but you'd have to ask the permit people.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards