Wedding Etiquette Forum

Bridal Shower Thank Yous

Do you write the thank you to both the person that came and their SO?  Meaning, K came and her card was signed from her, but when I address the thank you, does it go to both her and her husband J?

And I mean for the stuff from our registry.  The lingerie stuff I got is only going to the one that brought it.  I highly doubt their husbands helped pick it out.  Wink

Re: Bridal Shower Thank Yous

• I think just to the person who signed the card. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker whatshouldwecallweddings.tumblr.com
  • I agree, I would send it to the person who signed the card. Occasionally when I go to FIs friends wives showers, I will sign the card from both of us.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_bridal-shower-thank-yous-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:94d4cbc5-e0f8-4ea6-ac0e-e9be77b8463cPost:46429af7-d2c9-4243-b4a5-aeca30c76d65">Bridal Shower Thank Yous</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you write the thank you to both the person that came and their SO?  Meaning, K came and her card was signed from her, but when I address the thank you, does it go to both her and her husband J? And I mean for the stuff from our registry.  The lingerie stuff I got is only going to the one that brought it.  I highly doubt their husbands helped pick it out.  
    Posted by munchkinmiss[/QUOTE]

On a regular gift, i would address the thank you card to both of them but since it's lingerie, I'd send it to her only.
  • If they both gave the gift (that is, their names are both on the card or tag), address it to both, and if only one's name is listed, address it to that one.

I have heard of people going in together on shower gifts who do not constitute couples, such as co-workers, sisters, mother-daughter, friends, etc., and in those instances I'd address the thank-you to everyone listed as giving the gift collectively. 

But I've never heard of a couple giving a shower gift together, because usually only one-half of the couple is invited unless it's a co-ed shower or the couple is same-sex and the invitation is sent to both parties.  This is not to say it can't happen, though, and if it does, I'd address it to everyone who is listed as givers of the gift in question.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards