North Carolina
Options

Charlotte Venue

Has anyone had any experience with the Holiday Inn Center City? I wouldn't typically expect a Holiday Inn to be a nice venue for a wedding, but the website actually makes it look really nice.  Any feedback?

Re: Charlotte Venue

• Options
    megan51528megan51528 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked at Holiday Inn Center City last fall.  From what I remember, the prices were pretty good for an uptown location, but the spaces were fairly cramped for the amount of guests we wanted.  We are having about 150 guests and could have had the reception on the roof, but we felt it would have been maybe a little cramped for a seated dinner and potentially hot and humid for a summer wedding in Charlotte.  The roof has a great skyline view (I can actually see it from my office Smile)!  If we had chosen to have our wedding there, I would have wanted it on the roof.  My FI and I weren't fans of the decor in the ballrooms--typical hotel decor and the tables were so close together that people would have been bumping into each other all night. 

I'd definitely recommend checking it out for the roof, but IMO the ballrooms weren't all that great.

Good luck! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ditto with PP - the roof space is awesome. FI and I toured there. We ended up choosing a different location, but blocked rooms there :)

good luck!
    image122 Made the list!
    image 89 Are ready to party!
    image 11 Will be missing out!
    image 22 Can't find the mailbox!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the input.  We are only planning on 75 people so I think there should be plenty of room.
  • Options
    ses1170ses1170 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married at the Holiday Inn Center City on the rooftop on April 11, 2010 and it was amazing and magical. Rachel the wedding coordnator is UNREAL!!!!!!!!!!!! She was there for everything and made what I was told a hard job planning a wedding she made it easy and ENJOYIABLE!!!!! If I had it all today again I would not change a thing!!!!!!!! Believe me I shopped around for the best place and prices and this was it hands down and HICC made my dreams as a little girl come true on 4/11/10!!!!!! Thank you Rachel and staff for my magical day!!!!

P.S. there is way more room on that rooftop them you think I had sitting for 90 ppl sit down dinner and there was pleanty of space left for many more tables. Also I guess I missed it but WOW they took GREAT care of my guest while we were taking pictures and it was WONDERFUL!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards