Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

How dare you have a social life!!!

Re: How dare you have a social life!!!

• Options
    The faux hawk is adorable! He has so much hair.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Options
    omg look at that hair!!!! <3 !!! 
  • Options
    I know, he is very advanced in the hair department.
    Abigail Rose, EDD 6/8/13 BabyFetus Ticker

Nose Job Blog
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_dare-social-life?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:9899acde-6f45-4388-992f-0ca9790e30adPost:ebd075e7-fff5-4207-99a5-c7da716afaf2">Re: How dare you have a social life!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks OOT <3
    Posted by KentuckyKate[/QUOTE]

You're very welcome!

I was a bit shocked  when I saw the change from viral to bacterial.  Sorry.

My exH's  younger son had it when he was to, the bacterial type,  He lost the hearing in one ear and only 40% in  the other ear.  The didn't know he couldn't hear because he was 2 and had already been talking.

So, CICs give him 100% in the good ear.

Alas, he's such a disgrace to the family. He finished prep school in a hearing school, graduated from University of Pennsylvania summa, on to business school for his MBA and is one of the top bond traders at Merrill Lynch today.

(I think Merrill Lynch is Barclays now but you get my point)
  • Options
    And he got a big boy bed at the hospital today, since he'll be there for several weeks.  No more plastic NICU bassinet.

Nose Job Blog
  • Options
    Is that one of those open trays like they use for preemies until they stablize?
  • Options
    Not to be a debbie downer, but my Fi's best friends dad who he's known pretty much his whole life was diagnosed with cancer in November, it was being treated,   but Fi just got a text that says they're in the hospital and it's not looking good, that he's comfortable but... Ugh. So T's and P's please for their family (and Fi), it's so heartbreaking :(
  • Options
    Yeah, I've been googling.  I'm not in denial or anything about how serious bacterial meningitis can be, but I don't have any doubt that Adam will make a full recovery.  It's critical to catch it immediately before there's any brain damage, and Adam has been on antivirals and antibiotics for days now, since they weren't sure which one it was.  He's eating really well and has maintained his weight, and he kicks and screams when he is hungry.  Those are all good signs.

Nose Job Blog
  • Options
    Edmund hated the plastic hospital bassinets. I don't really blame him though they don't look comfortable at all.
  • Options
    very good signs indeed!

hang in there
  • Options
    :( Sorry Ghoti.  I will definitely pay forward all the T&Ps I've gotten.

Nose Job Blog
  • Options
    How big was he when he was born KK? and how big is he now?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_dare-social-life?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9899acde-6f45-4388-992f-0ca9790e30adPost:3faa7aa8-595e-4cbf-854b-2d1536c32de2">Re: How dare you have a social life!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is that one of those open trays like they use for preemies until they stablize?
    Posted by ootmother2[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, but now he has his own little blue crib.  And he has his own suite in the NICU.  Well technically, he's in isolation, but I'm trying to find the bright side in things.

Nose Job Blog
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_dare-social-life?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9899acde-6f45-4388-992f-0ca9790e30adPost:0b702166-de06-488a-9313-9d0a77e5031a">Re: How dare you have a social life!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]How big was he when he was born KK? and how big is he now?
    Posted by Ciaram22[/QUOTE]
    8 lbs 11 oz at birth, and last I heard a few days ago he was 8 lbs 13 oz.  He is 2 weeks old today.

Nose Job Blog
  • Options
    Edmund is now as big as he was at birth.
  • Options
    This is Sawsan and my aunt yesterday.  I'm just being an AW now, but I think baby Adam looks so darn cute in this picture.

Nose Job Blog
  • Options
    That is a very cute picture! Go right ahead being an AW we love seeing pictures!
  • Options

Ok, it's bedtime.  Same place same time tomorrow.

Nose Job Blog
  • Options
    KK he looks so big!!!! I heart him :)
  • Options
    Goodnight KK! Hope tomorrow goes better for you.
  • Options
    Crap I came a few minutes too late. All my prayers are for little Adam right now, KK. He is so darn precious. I'm exhausted. I worked a 13 hour day on Friday and then moved a bunch of my stuff out of my apartment afterward, and was awake for 24 hours. Then today I worked in the morning today and moved into my new place after that. I feel so sore and tired!
  • Options
    I'm sorry MS.
  • Options
    Yuck MS! Get some sleep chica!!
  • Options
    I feel dumb being all complainy but wow these past two days kicked my butt! I'm in a house now and I'm already in love with the kitchen and walk in closets ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I want to get sleep, but E is wide awake and I know he will start fussing if I put him down.
  • Options
    Don't feel dumb MS we all need to complain sometimes.
  • Options
    You need to babywear girly. I think I have a baby k'tan somewhere if you want me to send it to you :) 
  • Options
    I would sell my pinky for a Dr. Pepper right now.
  • Options
    Yay! Other people are up and awake!
  • Options
    I saw earlier that Edmund has colic, Ciara. That sucks. I had colic throughout my first 2 years of life. My mom said I was a hellish baby, lol. I don't remember it obviously, but it sounds like it is so super difficult for the parents.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards