Wedding Etiquette Forum

Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays

Hi everyone....

I know it is early but I am bored.

MIL left me a voicemail today saying the job she is applying to had emailed me some info and she needed to come over and get it (I emailed her resume for her, because she doesn't have a computer).  I had to help her with a practice test...it had a lot of basic math, but stuff she hasn't done in yeeeeeears....so I became a math teacher  this afternoon.

But....she brought my absolute favorite pizza for payment.  Now I am stuffed!

What are you all up to?

Re: Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays

• Why did you have to say pizza? I have been craving pizza for the past two days - and everyone I've talked to has mentioned eating pizza. FI even so kindly took a picture of his pizza and emailed it to me. 

It's sweet that you helped your MIL. I know it can be irritating to try to teach someone - especially someone you have to watch your mouth around ; )

I have to pick up my little sister from schoo now, but I should be back soon  : )
  • Sitting here watching the clock tick...only 55 minutes left to the work day....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Flowers
    image 160 Invited
    image 2 are ready to party with there boots on! image 0 have better things to do image158 are trying to find there boots
    RSVP Date: July 25th
  • I feel bad...MIL dropped out of school in 8th grade....but worked with a really good company for over 20 -30 years....when she was laid off.  She has struggled looking for work the last few years.  She gets rather self deprecating...so I end up try to do a lot of confidence boosting.  I really do like her when she is sober.
  • This has been a long, crazy day. I'm excited about the move. I can't wait to go home and start scoping out apartments. FI is still in sticker shock over rental prices in Chicago, but they really aren't that much higher than Ann Arbor, especially considering most places have free heat (radiators).

It's been rainy and humid all day, so I have a banging headache. I might just eat cereal for dinner and then take my laptop to bed for the rest of the evening.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sounds-like-someone-has-a-case-of-the-mondays?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:9d6c3f31-4220-4877-bf62-091bc5400098Post:041f341c-b433-4fcc-af2f-e4dea803c8ac">Re: Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays</a>:
    [QUOTE]I feel bad...MIL dropped out of school in 8th grade....but worked with a really good company for over 20 -30 years....when she was laid off.  She has struggled looking for work the last few years.  She gets rather self deprecating...so I end up try to do a lot of confidence boosting.  I really do like her when she is sober.
    Posted by HockeyFan4[/QUOTE]

Has she taken her GED?
  • Hey! I just got in from physical therapy. Today was my last session, but I still have to do a lot of stuff at home. I actually kind of enjoyed it, but I'm glad I'm finished. It was kind of annoying to have that right smack in the middle of all my days off... I felt like I couldn't truly relax. I'm looking foward to Thursday when I don't have shiit to do.

Hockey, it's really nice of you to help your MIL. I hope she's able to find a job soon!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I used to love going to PT... haha glad to know I am not weird (or at least the only one).

Wrigley: I don't think she has her GED...but at 65 I don't think she is going to bother getting it either.

• I'm here.  It's been a rough evening.  We just ordered pizza because neither of us felt like cooking. 

Wrigley, things going well with your FI?

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Why is everyone eating pizza!!!!!

Angel - I'm glad your PT is over : )

Hockey - Your MIL sounds like my mom. 

Apparently my sister won't be there until 6:30. She SAYS she texted me earlier. If you're going to text someone important information you need to make sure they get it. *huff* Teenagers >_>
  • wrigleyvillewrigleyville member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sounds-like-someone-has-a-case-of-the-mondays?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:9d6c3f31-4220-4877-bf62-091bc5400098Post:4815d302-479c-4f7c-8859-90b2dab39f49">Re: Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm here.  It's been a rough evening.  We just ordered pizza because neither of us felt like cooking.  Wrigley, things going well with your FI?
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]
    Yes, things are better. He's been in counseling for about six or seven weeks now. He's on medication, and I've been going to the occasional session here and there so we can discuss our issues (which stem from his depression). We still have a long way to go, but on a scale from one to ten, it's gone from a one to a seven already. Some days it's a six, but it's better than one.

I read a couple threads where you mentioned some trouble with your H. I'm so sorry to hear that. :( You've always been one of my favorite posters. You're so nice. I really hope you guys can figure things out. You deserve so much love and happiness.
  • angelstar975angelstar975 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2012
    Poke - Teenagers are the absolute worst. I'm still hating my sister 2 days later.

Bay - Sorry you had a rough day, I hope you enjoy your pizza!

I had a huge Primo hoagie for lunch but now I'm hungry again. I probably shouldn't order out for dinner, but I likely will. Orrrr I could skip dinner and go get a blizzard from Dairy Queen. I think I like that plan.
  • uh oh ...H apparently had a bad day at work...

usually when I ask him how his day was he replies "shitty as always"....today he is visibly grumpy and replied "I don't even want to talk about that place"

looks like I am going to be knotting all night.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sounds-like-someone-has-a-case-of-the-mondays?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9d6c3f31-4220-4877-bf62-091bc5400098Post:97c47fe1-a2f2-4920-82f0-41962fd14fd3">Re: Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays</a>:
    [QUOTE]Poke - <strong>Teenagers are the absolute worst.</strong> I'm still hating my sister 2 days later. Bay - Sorry you had a rough day, I hope you enjoy your pizza! I had a huge Primo hoagie for lunch but now I'm hungry again. I probably shouldn't order out for dinner, but I likely will. Orrrr I could skip dinner and go get a blizzard from Dairy Queen. I think I like that plan.
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

<div>Yes. I totally agree. And now I'll have to wait for dinner. I was up earlier than usual today - so that means an earlier breakfast and earlier lunch and earlier dinner. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sounds-like-someone-has-a-case-of-the-mondays?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9d6c3f31-4220-4877-bf62-091bc5400098Post:2bcf88f8-b2a0-4f9e-9187-3bbb0312daa6">Re: Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays</a>:
    [QUOTE]uh oh ...H apparently had a bad day at work... usually when I ask him how his day was he replies "shitty as always"....today he is visibly grumpy and replied "I don't even want to talk about that place" <strong>looks like I am going to be knotting all night.</strong>

I think FI is studying for finals tonight, so I'll probably be around for most of the night as well. I'm okay with that, he was being a douche yesterday.
  • oh man...I miss DQ!  When I lived by myself for 3 years, there was one down the street with a full menu.... I used to always get a burger and a blizard.  Man I miss that place!
  • I'm not a huge fan of DQ burgers - but that's probably because I got sick after eating one. It wasn't the burgers fault. I had a stomach virus. But it still put me off of them for a while.

Well here I go to pick up sister. Again.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sounds-like-someone-has-a-case-of-the-mondays?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9d6c3f31-4220-4877-bf62-091bc5400098Post:7a8871a5-5103-478b-911a-fb1787d86da8">Re: Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays</a>:
    [QUOTE]oh man...I miss DQ!  When I lived by myself for 3 years, there was one down the street with a full menu.... I used to always get a burger and a blizard.  Man I miss that place!

I forgot they have real food as well... although I'm not actually sure this one does. I'm just really getting hungry, so I need to figure something out soon.
  • Hey! I'm getting hilights right now and they gave me an iPad to play with while they set, so that 's fun. After this, FI and I are going to our weekly trivia night, that's always fun.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Trivia would be a blast...if you didn't have to deal with drunk college kids. hahaha

• Man I could go for a Burger right now. I had whataburger for the first time recently and it was amazing. I had a duh moment that h teases me about. I asked why they were called whataburger and he said just because. Then I got.my food and the thing was huge. I was like "whoa!what a burger...oh, now I get it. " And that's my super awesome story.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sounds-like-someone-has-a-case-of-the-mondays?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:9d6c3f31-4220-4877-bf62-091bc5400098Post:ecbf0fbd-7f20-4570-906e-34c558f27b2e">Re: Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays</a>:
    [QUOTE]Trivia would be a blast...if you didn't have to deal with drunk college kids. hahaha

Nope, it's a more adult crowd, so it's good fun.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sounds-like-someone-has-a-case-of-the-mondays?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9d6c3f31-4220-4877-bf62-091bc5400098Post:a6eb2a9a-8158-44c3-ad5e-926732c9b639">Re: Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey! I'm getting hilights right now and they gave me an iPad to play with while they set, so that 's fun. After this, FI and I are going to our weekly trivia night, that's always fun.
    Posted by dumdumfroggie[/QUOTE]

That is fun... I wish my salon gave me an iPad to play with... all I get are 2 month old People magazines.
  • Also I'm sitting in the truck while.h is working. And...crap he just asked me to take pics. Be back later.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sounds-like-someone-has-a-case-of-the-mondays?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9d6c3f31-4220-4877-bf62-091bc5400098Post:c7bd76b9-396f-4706-8287-173146874785">Re: Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays</a>:
    [QUOTE]Man I could go for a Burger right now. I had whataburger for the first time recently and it was amazing. I had a duh moment that h teases me about. I asked why they were called whataburger and he said just because. Then I got.my food and the thing was huge. I was like "whoa!what a burger...oh, now I get it. " And that's my super awesome story.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

All this burger talk is making me really want one. I'm debating getting Five Guys, although that would probably be enough calories for the rest of the week.
  • Hi!

I wish I had ordered pizza.  I tried making beer battered chicken strips, and Icehouse beer should not be used in cooking.  :P  Also, now I feel greasy and guilty and still need to drain and clean the deep fryer.
  • Hi Mica! I hate clean up after cooking, especially when I feel all gross and sluggish from eating something fattening. I guess that's why I rarely cook.. good thing FI likes to cook or we'd probably get takeout 5 nights a week when we live together... like I currenly do.
  • I also love 5 guys! hahaha  fortunately there is none around me....closest is about 10 mins away from work...and since we can only leave for lunch like twice a year, that is the only time I have it.
  • Hey! I just finished my last final of the semester! Nice long break now until August, and it's the last semester! Woot!

Sadly, I didn't do very well on my final, not near as well as I expected :( I was hoping to have an A in the class, but looks like it's going to be a B :(
  • I love 5 guys too.  But I needed to use up the chicken in the refrigerator, and sadly, H only eats chicken if it's fried.  :/
  • HockeyFan4HockeyFan4 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2012
    Whit...glad you are done!

I could be wrong, but I thought you taught?  Are you going for your masters while you work?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards