Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

It's like RAAAIINN on your wedding day.

Rain on your moving day that is.  :( 

How are you ladies today?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: It's like RAAAIINN on your wedding day.

• Options
    I'm good!  Word got her stitches out this morning, so i'm happy about that.  She is ready to go to her new home now, I just have to figure out where that is.  
    I have absolutely nothing else to do today, so that is fantastic.  It's nice and warm, but super windy today.  I need to clean my house, so that will be my project for the day I guess.  
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Are you guys moving yourself or did you get a company?
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Aww that sucks. 

I'm enjoying my time with FI until he goes to get his tattoo and I go to work later this afternoon. He's watching his car shows so I'm knotting.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-like-raaaiinn-wedding-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:a16dfb82-504a-49ca-812e-a3054165c2a9Post:d147f6be-dd7a-4c8e-9939-a9c3ecf3261e">Re: It's like RAAAIINN on your wedding day.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm good!  Word got her stitches out this morning, so i'm happy about that.  She is ready to go to her new home now, I just have to figure out where that is.   I have absolutely nothing else to do today, so that is fantastic.  It's nice and warm, but super windy today.  I need to clean my house, so that will be my project for the day I guess.  
    Posted by kellyjellybelly[/QUOTE]

Since you have nothing to do, would you like to study for my chemistry final?
    C+D, Four kids, two kids-in-law, four grandkids
  • Options
    We have movers coming tomorrow to move the furniture.  We are going to sign the lease at 12:00 are using FIL's truck to move our boxes today.  Our movers are paid by the hour so we are trying to get as much possible done today.

yay!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-like-raaaiinn-wedding-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a16dfb82-504a-49ca-812e-a3054165c2a9Post:c7a2842b-d89d-44d6-be7f-466570b5c9d1">Re: It's like RAAAIINN on your wedding day.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's like RAAAIINN on your wedding day. : Since you have nothing to do, would you like to study for my chemistry final?
    Posted by Hays2be[/QUOTE]
    You would most definitely NOT want me to study for a chem final.  
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I'm eating some really good toast from italian bread my aunt brought me from a bakery at home.  H covered his friend's overnight duty tonight so he is gone until tomorrow morning.  

Our complex is having a big welcoming party today for the Navy families on the ship replacing H's at this base so they can see the complex.  But they are having free food vendors and wine tasting and I guess some raffles and stuff and we can all go too.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Hays, I had to take my chem final yesterday. What chem are you in?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-like-raaaiinn-wedding-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a16dfb82-504a-49ca-812e-a3054165c2a9Post:d8beeaf7-83ed-474d-be32-04174c49b151">Re: It's like RAAAIINN on your wedding day.</a>:
    [QUOTE]We have movers coming tomorrow to move the furniture.  We are going to sign the lease at 12:00 are using FIL's truck to move our boxes today.  Our movers are paid by the hour so we are trying to get as much possible done today. yay!
    Posted by andy71781[/QUOTE]
    Yay!  I love moving into new places and unpacking everything, finding a place for it, etc.  
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-like-raaaiinn-wedding-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a16dfb82-504a-49ca-812e-a3054165c2a9Post:7e79bb63-198b-48bb-a143-551548554d2b">Re: It's like RAAAIINN on your wedding day.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's like RAAAIINN on your wedding day. : Yay!  I love moving into new places and unpacking everything, finding a place for it, etc.  
    Posted by kellyjellybelly[/QUOTE]

<div>I'll call you next time we move.</div>
  • Options
    I'm so so so excited!  I wish it were all happening today.  Hopefully we'll be in our house by 12:00 tomorrow and can spend the rest of the day unpacking.
  • Options
    Oh how I don't enjoy moving then.  KJB I think it's settled then that on my way driving to VA I am flying you out here to drive with me, then you're staying at my new place to help me unpack.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Oh that sucks andy!
    Today is my bridal shower! I am getting super excitedSmile
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image Robby James born 2.24.12 @ 23 weeks due to preterm labor
    Remembering Robby
  • Options
    You will think I am crazy.  I was putting the magnetic names on our assignment board in alpha order the other day.  My closet is color coded and my radio stations in my car are in ascending order.  
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Have fun Barbie!

Haha I will deal with the crazy.  I used to keep my closet color coated, but now instead sort it by type of shirts, tanks to tees, to sporty tees, and so on.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-like-raaaiinn-wedding-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a16dfb82-504a-49ca-812e-a3054165c2a9Post:ad8574fa-36f8-4d97-9b35-8cbb2fcb009e">Re: It's like RAAAIINN on your wedding day.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello everyone! I'm waiting for Mr. S to get off school. We're going to spend the rest of the day shopping around for carpet, flooring, kitchen cabinets, kitchen counters and kitchen appliances...oh and energy-efficient windows. It should be fun I guess but I'm pretty sure it's going to be overwhelming too.
    Posted by Champagne Supernova[/QUOTE]

<div>That's what H and I did yesterday.  Did you know that a sliding patio door is a minimum of $2k? Because, we didn't.  ouch.</div><div>
    </div><div>Carpet/flooring and appliance shopping was fun though!</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-like-raaaiinn-wedding-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a16dfb82-504a-49ca-812e-a3054165c2a9Post:07497075-fb49-42c6-9db8-3dbf788d2eba">Re: It's like RAAAIINN on your wedding day.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's like RAAAIINN on your wedding day. : Shiiiit, seriously? Even if it's vinyl? That price comes with installation right? We have to replace two of them! Damn.
    Posted by Champagne Supernova[/QUOTE]

<div>Yes, vinyl. Nope! Install is another $560 or so (at Home Depot at least.)  BUT if you have a standard size (80" tall by 72" wide?) you can buy the instore stock, I think.  The guy said we could probably get one for $1k (before install) if it was standard size, and that was without anything fancy.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-like-raaaiinn-wedding-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a16dfb82-504a-49ca-812e-a3054165c2a9Post:355efc51-ab58-4b80-a348-bc681acfe7da">Re: It's like RAAAIINN on your wedding day.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh how I don't enjoy moving then.  KJB I think it's settled then that on my way driving to VA I am flying you out here to drive with me, then you're staying at my new place to help me unpack.
    Posted by dnbeach12[/QUOTE]

<div>Where in VA? Have you already said this?</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-like-raaaiinn-wedding-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a16dfb82-504a-49ca-812e-a3054165c2a9Post:75391465-0be2-4029-8c41-6b6d62ace8fd">Re: It's like RAAAIINN on your wedding day.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's like RAAAIINN on your wedding day. : Where in VA? Have you already said this?
    Posted by aleighk1[/QUOTE]
    <div>
    </div><div>Techinically Newport News I think, but the Norfolk/VA Beach area.</div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    That's what I figured.

Hey, I'm only 4 hours from there :] haha
  • Options
    Good luck with your move, Andy!  And have fun at your bridal shower, Barbie!

I'm making lunch and waiting for some friends to come over.  We're going to a party tonight for a friend's birthday, when H gets out.  I had an awesome Friday.  Biked 14 miles and feel great (except for my butt, I didn't realize until yesterday that I really need a new bike seat).  I haven't done that since I was 20, so I feel pretty good.

I'm also wicked jealous of you girls at your MSP get-together last night.  Luckies!

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-like-raaaiinn-wedding-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a16dfb82-504a-49ca-812e-a3054165c2a9Post:78961414-1c2a-4ea9-8d0c-b48e1ca9fd29">Re: It's like RAAAIINN on your wedding day.</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's what I figured. Hey, I'm only 4 hours from there :] haha
    Posted by aleighk1[/QUOTE]

<div>Umm, am I an idiot?  Why did I always think you were in California?</div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-like-raaaiinn-wedding-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a16dfb82-504a-49ca-812e-a3054165c2a9Post:36f54692-2585-4168-8d73-fdea62cf8137">Re: It's like RAAAIINN on your wedding day.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's like RAAAIINN on your wedding day. : Umm, am I an idiot?  Why did I always think you were in California?
    Posted by dnbeach12[/QUOTE]

<div>Nope, NC</div>
  • Options
    2 days in a row now I forgot to eat breakfast.  The thought just never crossed my minds.  Oops.  I discovered hummus this week.  omg, love.  It scared me before.  
    Photobucket
  • Options
    There's a lot of morning I forget to eat breakfast just because I'll sit down with coffee and my laptop and before I know it it's 11:30 so I just wait for lunch.  

I love hummus!  I was afraid for a while, then my aunts got me drunk and had me try it in college.  I have to be at least a little buzzed to get balls to try something new.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Haha wow Aleigh, I don't know why I thought that.  Maybe because I see the N and C and just think Northern California like Mica's says?  

Well I guess we will just have to work a G2G once I'm there!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah I am terrible at trying new things.  If it's not bland and plain, I probably won't like it.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Oh how I hated moving and rain doesn't help make it easier one bit!! I do not envy you! :(

I am watching one of the 4  grandbabies today♥♥  Liyana is 5 months old, heck almost 6 months! She was born on Vetern's Day!!
  • Options
    Yeah that sucks Andy!

We are moving today and tomorrow morning and I would love if the rain would hold off.  The weather people keep saying it is going to rain though.

Good luck with the rest.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    282image Invited to celebrate!
    208image Will be Dancing the night away!
    74image Won't be having any fun
    0image are giving me a major headache

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards