Wedding Etiquette Forum

Good morning, ladies!

Re: Good morning, ladies!

• Good Morning!

I found some really strange bruise on my arm this morning.  It's about 2"x2".  I know I'm clutzy, but I have absolutely no idea how I caused that.  

Besides that, July went super fast, and I'm guessing the rest of the summer will as well.  I have my first dress fitting tonight.  My mom and FMIL are doing it (FMIL was the alterations manager at a bridal store, and my mom was also a steamstress).  While free alterations are fantastic, I'm not looking forward to it.  It will be at my parents' house and they like to keep it at about 80 degrees.  I'm going to be sweating like crazy.  Oh well.

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I so could not eat pizza when I was pregnant.   Terrible heartburn.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-ladies-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a371e1dd-bce7-453c-a2ca-1e4a17219377Post:4171c30d-049d-4c61-b40b-82c1971a61ee">Re: Good morning, ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Did you get your Dominos, Jess? :)
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

No, lol. Since my mom, sister and nephew were helping, I was cheap and went with Little Caesar's since I was paying for it last night.

You just can't beat a $5 pizza when you're a cheapskate.

Hopefully I can make it work to get one today!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-ladies-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a371e1dd-bce7-453c-a2ca-1e4a17219377Post:ccfde691-b426-41a5-9686-3f289fc4a745">Re: Good morning, ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cutting shelf liner seems to be a job I usually end up with when I've helped friends move, so I think I have like, a talent for it or something. What a useful talent! ;)
    Posted by JessAndTrav[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I'll keep that in mind for after we do the kitchen remodel  ;)  I already have my sister on the list for organizing my kitchen. She's so anal about it, but her kitchen is so well organized it makes me envious.</div>
  • Tell 'em all to shove it, Eagles.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Oh, jeez eagles.  I would tell them that if she had left you in the dark and just shown up wearing them on the wedding in 3 days that you wouldn't have been able to do anything about it or cared so this close to launch time, her shoes are the least of your worries.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-ladies-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a371e1dd-bce7-453c-a2ca-1e4a17219377Post:ddade9fb-50d7-472d-82d2-9858f0f608fd">Re: Good morning, ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Button, I hate you a little for mentioning pizza. Despite the fact that I had pizza last night, I'm craving pizza. It'll probably be for lunch or dinner today.

Sorry. To be honest, the idea of pizza right now is making me a little on the nauseous side- for some reason when I am overtired, the thought of food makes me not want to eat.

I really need to spend a good deal of my time on the train knitting the blanket I've been "working" on since February.  I keep forgetting that it needs to be done.  I want to give it to my coworker's daughter when she turns 2 in October.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-ladies-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a371e1dd-bce7-453c-a2ca-1e4a17219377Post:26545ed9-e8b8-429b-90dd-17f7c2176704">Re: Good morning, ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I asked the BMs to wear nude shoes.  I had no idea it would be such an ordeal.  MOH bitched about it, and finally figured out a pair.  BM#1 swore up and down that she couldn't find them, has been driving all over God's green earth to find them, finally bought a pair yesterday.  Jr BM's mom texted me a picture last night of some ugly, gold, crystal encrusted glorified flip flops and since I give none fuuucks about anyone at this point I said "Fine, cute, go for it."  BM #1 called me all upset that it isn't fair, the other three did what I asked, Jr BM's mom always does this (they're sisters), she waited until the last minute so that she could tell me that she couldn't find anything and because she knew that I would be over it at this point.  Tell me what to do.  Do I go back to Jr BM's mom and tell her to find something else?  Do I tell BM#1 to get over it?  MOH is telling me that Jr BM's mom is in the wrong as well. E, please help me.  My head is pounding. 
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]

I agree that the Jr BMs mom is the one in the wrong, but there's not much to do now. If MOH brings it up again, I would just say something like, "I'm just not going t worry about it at this point." or something like that....but IMO, MOH shouldn't be saying anything anyway, because that weird.
  • You know what.  I'm kind of testy this morning so I'm adding to my answer above.  Tell them to get the heck over it and to only bother you with something important like someone breaking an arm or something.

• Oh FFS. Honestly Eags, I would just say to them all "You are taking the enjoyment out of my week. The anticipation and happiness I should be feeling. Is that what you want to do? No? Then shut up, step up and be grown ups and stop asking me about crap like this."  

But that's me. :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-ladies-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a371e1dd-bce7-453c-a2ca-1e4a17219377Post:89624f89-87ff-40bc-b828-02a4d7908be2">Re: Good morning, ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning, ladies! : I'll keep that in mind for after we do the kitchen remodel  ;)  I already have my sister on the list for organizing my kitchen. She's so anal about it, but her kitchen is so well organized it makes me envious.
    Posted by Lizzieyounce[/QUOTE]

It sounds like your sister and I are the same breed. I like my kitchen to be organized. H doesn't seem to care, so I feel like i'm always redoing it!

Granted, in our current apartment, we're short on cabinet space, and in the new one, we have a LOT more, so hopefully I can be even more organized!

Now that I think about it, my appreciation for a neat and organized kitchen is a little intense, lol
  • B, pizza has been one of my more frequent cravings, but pizza is my favorite food. My mom says she ate pizza nearly every day when she was pregnant with me, so I guess I've always wanted it.

Even if it gave me bad heartburn, I'd probably eat it anyway. I love it THAT much.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-ladies-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a371e1dd-bce7-453c-a2ca-1e4a17219377Post:7624f3cc-fee0-4c60-84ee-0a0fccdc60e6">Re: Good morning, ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love you guys.  I have to run, I'll be back later. I do admit that I'm pissed that the mom bought basically the opposite of what I wanted.  They're wearing knee length royal blue dresses.  I have half a mind to buy other shoes and hand them to her before we leave for church Friday. 
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]

Luckily, nobody pays that much attention to the BMs. :) Have a good day!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-ladies-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a371e1dd-bce7-453c-a2ca-1e4a17219377Post:fe1c17df-c0f2-4b7c-b064-fa92214bb1c4">Re: Good morning, ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning, ladies! : It sounds like your sister and I are the same breed. I like my kitchen to be organized. H doesn't seem to care, so I feel like i'm always redoing it! Granted, in our current apartment, we're short on cabinet space, and in the new one, we have a LOT more, so hopefully I can be even more organized! Now that I think about it, my appreciation for a neat and organized kitchen is a little intense, lol

<div>
    </div><div>Mine's organized, just not uber organized...not enough room. I can't cook in a sloppy kitchen.</div><div>
    </div><div>The remodel isn't for another year and a half (wedding is priority), but I can't wait to get it done.  We're taking a wall out and expanding. It should be interesting.</div>
  • TheBaneyTheBaney member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    This is a *post* and run, as I'm getting ready for work, but I had a dream last night where I asked E a question, and everybody came over to my house to discuss it. But I was asleep, and only barely recognized that you all were in my living room, and then I woke up (for real) and thought the dream was real and that I'd come online to see people talking sh!t about me for falling asleep on them.

It was a funny dream.

ETA: typo!
  • That's exciting, Lizzy, even if it is in the distant future!
  • Who the hell can't find nude shoes?  They are EVERYWHERE.  They are at Target, Macy's JcPenney, Amazon.com, and pretty much every shoe store in existance.  That is just plain stupid.  I'm sorry they're all being jerks, Eagles.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-ladies-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a371e1dd-bce7-453c-a2ca-1e4a17219377Post:c165c622-75d4-4bf4-9d38-4cdc9fded3ea">Re: Good morning, ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Who the hell can't find nude shoes?  They are EVERYWHERE.  They are at Target, Macy's JcPenney, Amazon.com, and pretty much every shoe store in existance.  That is just plain stupid.  I'm sorry they're all being jerks, Eagles.
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]

That was my thought. If you can't find it in-store, you can definitely find them online.
  • In Response to Re:Good morning, ladies!:[QUOTE]I love you guys.nbsp; I have to run, I'll be back later.I do admit that I'm pissed that the mom bought basically the opposite of what I wanted.nbsp; They're wearing knee length royal blue dresses.nbsp; I have half a mind to buy other shoes and hand them to her before we leave for church Friday.nbsp; Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]

That probably IS what I would do. I also don't understand how anyone can say they can't find nude shoes, they're so popular right now.

Morning ladies. At work again today. R just went down for her morning nap and K isn't awake yet. I'm going shopping for dresses with most of my bridesmaids tonight. Hopefully it goes well.
  • Sorry your BMs are being a pain about shoes Eags. Everyone else gave great suggestions so I'll just echo them.

I know we've semi-moved on from this, but does anyone watch Conan? He had a skit about CFA that was really funny with a puppet chicken.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-ladies-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a371e1dd-bce7-453c-a2ca-1e4a17219377Post:db82b8d9-8779-4f8d-ae2d-9ac8cf007a5d">Re: Good morning, ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's exciting, Lizzy, even if it is in the distant future!

<div>
    </div><div>We try to pay cash for everything or finance at low to no interest, so we have our fund going for the re-do. Even if we save enough to buy the appliances out right and only have to finance the construction, we'd be saving money on interest.  That and eldest DD will be starting her Senior year, which means a class trip to D.C.</div><div>
    </div><div>Meanwhile, I'm having fun looking at kitchen magazines.  I like to plan ahead...that's my quirk.</div>
  • Okay ladies.  I'm out for now.  We're taking BB to the park before it gets even hotter than it already is and before the rains come. Have a good rest of the morning.

• Have a good day, B!

Ladies, I'll return shortly. I need milk so I'm going to run to the corner store that's across the street from our complex to get some. :)

If Domino's were open, I'd be stopping there too.
  • Rachers, I love my ugly Uggs.  I want a gray pair this year.

My supervisor was going to bring me a bonus check that I earned months ago that just went through, but I have to leave before she can come. EFF.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I love my Uggs. Not enough to want cold weather to come back, but they are super comfy! This summer has gone by so quickly. August makes me sad... it starts getting cooler at night and you can feel summer slipping away, haha. I hope to spend as much time as possible down the shore this month. I hope September is warm enough to go to the beach a few times as well. Last year really wasn't.
  • Morning all!  I haven't read anything past the first page.

July was okay for us.  My H has been working a ton and I've been crazy busy at work too.  He just got put on salary, but still has to put in crazy long hours, so it kind of sucks, but with his raise, I guess it equals out. 

August...hmmm, I'll get back to you on that.  If we don't go camping soon, I think H will have a hissy fit, so I think we'll be doing that a few weekends. 
  • I hate to be the martyr dillhole here, but you guys complaining about summer nearly being over? At least you had one. We have had ONE WEEK of weather over 70 degrees. So you'll have to forgive me if I fail to sympathize with you.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-ladies-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:a371e1dd-bce7-453c-a2ca-1e4a17219377Post:9cf99d52-d044-456c-8c7b-58d3d0b3eed2">Re: Good morning, ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hate to be the martyr dillhole here, but you guys complaining about summer nearly being over? At least you had one. We have had ONE WEEK of weather over 70 degrees. So you'll have to forgive me if I fail to sympathize with you.
    Posted by Snippylynn[/QUOTE]

Morning all!

Snippy-Next summer we can start an exchange program.  You can stay here for me and I will go over there for you.  One week of 70 degree weather sounds divine when it's been 100 degrees for the last couple of weeks.  And August and September are usually the hottest months of summer so I am definitely not looking forward to that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards