Wedding Etiquette Forum

Re: nm

• edited January 2013

If they weren't together when the invitations went out I don't think you have to.  But if you have the space, I would allow her to bring the new boyfriend.  The kid is your call though.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersFollow Me on Pinterest
  • I would say yes to the bf.
    As for the kid, are you inviting other kids? Family only kids? If not, let her know. If it's not a battle worth fighting, just let it go.
  • I would agree...yes to the BF, kid is your call.

This is why we planned for all of our singles to have a plus one while budgeting.  Then we weren't stuck in this spot when it came time for invitations/RSVPs.

• Yes you should include her new boyfriend.  As for her kid, no you do not have to include him/her.  It was presumptuous of her to say that she would be bringing her kid even though her kid wasn't invited in the first place.

• I think that if you have the space and budget to accomindate the BF that you should.   If can't due to space/budget then politely call her and let her know... at the end of the day the BF wasn't invited so she shouldn't be too offended.  If her kid happened to be the only kid that you didn't invite and can accomindate them, I'd say go for it, but if you have not invited other kids, stick to your guns.

• Try to accommodate the boyfriend even though technically you could get out of it if budget and space are an issue because it's not unreasonable to require that someone be seeing the person at the time the invitations go out to get to bring the date. 

HELLLLLLLLL no to the kid. That's just crazy.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-think-i-know-what-i-have-to-do?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:a4444a98-32f8-4c54-88a6-28cfe3502d13Post:68c9b521-dcd7-4a70-96fc-36028c44734a">Re: I think I know what I have to do....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks everyone. I know this is against a lot of advice, but I told her I couldn't accomodate him due to space. She wasn't dating him three weeks ago at my shower and I felt that if she really wanted him there, she could have actually RSVP'd instead of making me leave her several messages asking her to let me know if she's coming or not (today was my "if we don't hear from by x date" deadline.) And I really don't have the space for him or the kid. 
    Posted by SmallenForever[/QUOTE]

That's more than fair. She seems like a piece of work.
  • Yeesh, talk about an annoying guest. I think you have done more than enough, and telling her you cannot accommodate her boyfriend or daughter is perfectly acceptable.  I hope she doesn't bother you over this, and that she still comes to your wedding.  Good luck!

Also, I looked at your planner. You're so close, yay!  Hope you have a great wedding.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards