Wedding Etiquette Forum

Should I invited people to the shower but not the wedding ceremony

My husband to be and myself are having a destination wedding. We are only inviting 20 people including ourselves. The guest list is immediate family and a few of our closest friends. We are however going to throw a huge reception/party for all the extended family and the rest of our friends after the wedding but it will not be a formal sit down and probably not for a month or so after the initial ceremony. But my question is should I invite extended family and friends to the bridal shower who are not invited to the ceremony? To clarify the people I invite to the bridal shower who aren't invited to the ceremony (with 20 people) will be invited to the huge reception a couple months after. Would that be tacky ... improper...or is it okay? This is a huge dillema of mine and would like outside opinions before asking the family...

Re: Should I invited people to the shower but not the wedding ceremony

• edited July 2012
    Anyone invited to any pre-wedding party needs to be invited to the wedding.
  • Simple answer?

No.

A shower invite= a wedding invite.

The reception you're having later is not your wedding.  It's technically not even a wedding reception (more of a post-marriage celebration).  So you should only invite to the shower those that are invited to the wedding.

SaveSave
  • Hell no.  Also, you shouldn't be inviting anyone to your shower - that's the job of the person who offers to throw one for you.  You give the host your guest list, which should only include those invited to the actual ceremony.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards