Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Jordan Almonds

Please help FI and I end our debate.  

Re: Jordan Almonds

• Options
    Wow, I haven't seen anyone post about jordan almonds in a long time.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    I've never seen a jordan almond or been presented with one to eat.

I suspect that there is telling me everythign I need to know about them.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • Options
    Although, I'm hungry enough right now that I might eat them.

So if you're having a long gap or a late dinner at your reception, people might eat them. 

• Options
    What do you mean do you eat them? Of course you eat them, they're food aren't they?

If you mean in terms of wedding favours... Well, it depends. I'm half Greek so it's traditional to give them at the reception as part of the guest favours, but those generally don't get eaten. They're good-luck keepsakes.
  • Options
    I'm assuming you mean us personally.  Of course they can be eaten, but who would want to??! except my sister, she actually buys them as treats haha
  • Options
    KTAgeeKTAgee member
    First Comment
    Mmm.. Jordan Almonds... I'm the weirdo that buys them at Henry's just to eat at home. ^_^
    July 24, 2010
  • Options
    But I did chip the corner of a tooth on one. So now I let them get soft first. But I like them. I think I fall in a minority, though.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    I'm not much of a fan myself, but my dad LOVES them.
  • Options
    I like them too.  FI said they're nasty and nobody eats them.   I told him he was biased because he doesn't eat any nuts.  
  • Options
    I've eaten them. I don't love them or hate them. They are just ok.
  • Options
    I'm allergic to almonds.
  • Options
    Almonds make my mouth itchy so they bother me.  I've been told it is a mild allergy.

But I do like almonds and I still don't like Jordan Almonds.  I think they are gross.

And if you have anyone with nut allergies at the wedding, I'd be careful.  People can be really sensitive even to "nut residue", so if they are favors, they might get all over the room.
  • Options
    no I don't. they don't look appetizing and they're way overdone.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • Options
    We used the ultrafine coated ones at my son's reception.  They're not coated as thickly and easier to eat.  I saw lots of people eating them.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_jordan-almonds?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a7e18adf-5f56-4d49-a5bd-fa02669c6bffPost:e3c25b8c-45bc-4c01-abf6-458a39166571">Re: Jordan Almonds</a>:
    [QUOTE]no I don't. they don't look appetizing and they're way overdone.
    Posted by pooh8402[/QUOTE]

Yeah.  It's annoying how overdone traditions are.

• Options
    My mother loves them, and I don't hate them. I'm thinking of buying some just for her.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    Well...I don't eat them like ever, but that doesn't mean I hate them. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Yuck. FI is half-Greek so I thought we'd have to have them. But he and his dad have never heard of that tradition. They're the only two members of their family in the US, and none of the family can come to the wedding. So we're not doing them. Probably do the other cliche candy: M&Ms.
    planning

• Options
    I love jordan almonds and buttered popcorn.  I realize that this is weird, but it's delicious.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Gross. Now chocolate covered almonds, I am all over.
  • Options
    I don't like them... I also don't like cupcake wedding cakes.  That doesn't mean you can't have them at your wedding :)

I think chocolate chip cookies are a better favor, IMO.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I didnt read your question. I just love Jordan almonds. Yes to Jordan almonds.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • Options
    MMmm I used to love them but after I knocked out a filling biting into one... no more for me :(
  • Options
    LD1970LD1970 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    I love them!  My friend had them at her engagement party recently, and it's the first time I'd seen them in a long time.  I ate quite a few.
    You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. ~Mae West
  • Options
    Thanks all.  We're really not thinking about favors yet. I have no idea how it came up.  I found FI's comment about no one eating jordan almonds silly.  I figured I'd ask the wise women of the knot.
  • Options
    I eat them if they are infront of me, but I wouldn't go out on purpose and buy them. Does that make sense?
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards