Wedding Etiquette Forum

Some Ventage for Your Sunday (LJish)

FI told his family about 2 months ago that we needed their invite/address list for STDs.  Well, we just got it today, and it's in an unreadable format, and they still have to send up a paper copy of extra addresses.  I'm just so frustrated.  I understand they're busy, but it takes us time to address them and send them out, too.  And I really like his parents, they're just both very flighty, and it's frustrating to get anything from them.  Gaar.

Re: Some Ventage for Your Sunday (LJish)

• Call the guests and get the addresses yourself?
  • That would be great if we knew who they wanted to invite.  They're inviting some of their friends/business associates.  It doesn't bother us, but we can't get this information if we don't know who they are.  I know it's not really that big of a deal, it's just more frustrating than anything.
  • That does pose a problem. Good luck.
  • I am in this situation as well. We need to start addressing envelopes, and we can't get the addresses from FI's family. I don't know how the hell we are going to invite them when we have no way to get a-hold of them. It is so frustrating!
  • They're in a .lnk format, which, from what I can tell, is just a type of shortcut.  They converted it into a .doc, but it's messed up with all the funky symbols.  FI is currently manually "translating" it.
  •  Tell them you need everything by x date or people don't get STDs.  On the bright side, a save the date is not an invitation so you should be in good shape by then.
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • We're going to send out STDs tomorrow for the addresses we have now. They're kind of necessary, since all the guests are OOT.  I know it's a but late, which was my fault, but they'll be just under 5 months out, so I think it will be alright.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ventage-sunday-ljish?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ad373038-513f-459b-adf1-4b84e5b9ff54Post:ae09e8be-7a30-4cbb-8e24-1a9d7cd9a162">Re: Some Ventage for Your Sunday (LJish)</a>:
    [QUOTE] Tell them you need everything by x date or people don't get STDs.  On the bright side, a save the date is not an invitation so you should be in good shape by then.
    Posted by Night_Sprite[/QUOTE]

<div>We just did that!  :)</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards