Wedding Etiquette Forum

Night Time

Re: Night Time

• Lynda, a friend of ours ran an sf con at some hotel that was doing a swingers' thing the same weekend. It got quite weird.
    Loopy, come to PHx and do the Komen thing with me next year. It's my goal to get fit enough to do it.
    J, that's the best time to pick upmen.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-time-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:bc681467-087a-4ce6-9b81-69fefe578ae6Post:f4af66d3-3f0e-4444-bc16-0c304abe34d7">Re: Night Time</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Night Time : It really is.  I've heard stories of stuff they do at the hotels.  Yeah, it's bad.  <strong> Some places pay their housekeepers more because of what they have to clean up.</strong>
    Posted by lyndausvi[/QUOTE]

<div>.....eeew.....</div><div>
    </div><div>Steffi - why would her private sex life affect your friendship? Was she trying to involve you?</div>
  • Ugh, I wish my fingers didn't fluctuate.  Mine swell so badly, and then I look like I have sausage fingers, or worse, my rings hurt and I have to take them off. 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-time-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:bc681467-087a-4ce6-9b81-69fefe578ae6Post:4b4bb605-bd6b-4a62-ac08-5f67b6d4030d">Re: Night Time</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Night Time : Eh, it's a quarter size smaller than my engagement ring, and it's wider than the shank on that, so I kind of expected it would be tight.  My fingers don't really fluctuate, thank goodness.  :)  I had to go smaller since the blanks only came in half sizes, and going bigger would be a pain in the ass to size down. 
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Lucky.   Even here in NOLA mine change.  But i've had mine on for so long the finger just conforms to the ring.  If I take my ring off (that doesn't happen often) there is just a bump where it belong.  Damn fat fingers.</div>

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-time-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:bc681467-087a-4ce6-9b81-69fefe578ae6Post:4b4bb605-bd6b-4a62-ac08-5f67b6d4030d">Re: Night Time</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Night Time : Eh, it's a quarter size smaller than my engagement ring, and it's wider than the shank on that, so I kind of expected it would be tight.  My fingers don't really fluctuate, thank goodness.  :)  I had to go smaller since the blanks only came in half sizes, and going bigger would be a pain in the ass to size down. 
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]

You're lucky that you don't fluctuate! Most of my rings have spacers in them, the one that didn't I had cut off a few months back when my Lupus/Arthiritis flared. It was too tight and the ER would have cut it off when I went, so I had my jeweler do it before we went to the doctor. Sucks, it was an heirloom, now I have to have it repaired.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-time-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:bc681467-087a-4ce6-9b81-69fefe578ae6Post:ccc2550d-39ba-442b-bfbd-79719935f2c9">Re: Night Time</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Night Time : Lucky.   Even here in NOLA mine change.  But i've had mine on for so long the finger just conforms to the ring.  If I take my ring off (that doesn't happen often) there is just a bump where it belong.  Damn fat fingers.

Mine do that too!  I also have a very visible tan line now.  I couldn't fool someone if I tried.

• Ugh, my little sister has her new boyfriend over. He's a Senior. And she's a....wait a second...OMG MY BABY SISTER IS GOING TO BE A JUNIOR IN HS!!!! How the fluck did THAT happen??
  • I may have to do that Zizi.  Thanks for the offer :).
  • Is anyone still here?

I just got home - we finally went to go see Ted, it was better than I thought it was going to be. I was so tired that I ended up falling asleep for about 15-20 minutes of the movie, close to the end and woke up in time for the ending. Lol oh well. 

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-time-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:bc681467-087a-4ce6-9b81-69fefe578ae6Post:1db581f0-1a26-4836-958f-9cc9cd5e0d3d">Re: Night Time</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Night Time : .....eeew..... Steffi - why would her private sex life affect your friendship? Was she trying to involve you?
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]

It felt like it. She ended up with a live in second husband and even though I liked her I didn't like her real husband much. I knew too much about their sex life, either they were stuck on overshare or they wanted to play. Either way, it was weird. They were more into the BDSM hardcore lifestyle I guess than swinging, although they did swing when they didn't have a third living with them.

I'm really open minded, but I just knew too much about things I didn't need to know about.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-time-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:bc681467-087a-4ce6-9b81-69fefe578ae6Post:c7abaecd-2971-49a7-881e-9a1ec29d6d4a">Re: Night Time</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Night Time : It felt like it. She ended up with a live in second husband and even though I liked her I didn't like her real husband much. I knew too much about their sex life, either they were stuck on overshare or they wanted to play. Either way, it was weird. They were more into the BDSM hardcore lifestyle I guess than swinging, although they did swing when they didn't have a third living with them. I'm really open minded, but I just knew too much about things I didn't need to know about.
    Posted by StefffiC[/QUOTE]

<div>Bleh. It's one thing to mention it if it comes up in conversation, but that's just creepy. I would have ended that friendship as well. </div>
  • There is a Walgreens on our block (which is in the French Quarter).  I hear they have to order extra baby oil this weekend.  

Yeah.   Awesome.  I know one hotel that does not let to block there any more.  Well the actual convention or be an official convention hotel.  I can't see how they can turn away people for being swingers booking on their own.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • There is a Walgreens on our block (which is in the French Quarter).  I hear they have to order extra baby oil this weekend.  

Yeah.   Awesome.  I know one hotel that does not let to block there any more.  Well the actual convention or be an official convention hotel.  I can't see how they can turn away people for being swingers booking on their own.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-time-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:bc681467-087a-4ce6-9b81-69fefe578ae6Post:dfea26d4-6c9d-49bb-9330-8b8316de17ce">Re: Night Time</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Night Time : Bleh. It's one thing to mention it if it comes up in conversation, but that's just creepy. I would have ended that friendship as well. 

Exactly... I'm not shy at this point and my other friends and I discuss sex on occassion with no issues. And, she'd always bring things up in front of her husband when mine was out of town on business. It was just weird and DH got weird over it and we fought over it for a few months, and then I started seeing it, and I ended the friendship.

They live three houses over from our house, which makes things kind of weird.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-time-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:bc681467-087a-4ce6-9b81-69fefe578ae6Post:e9b27d2d-d898-46f5-9f38-417896e899bc">Re: Night Time</a>:
    [QUOTE]There is a Walgreens on our block (which is in the French Quarter).  I hear they have to order extra baby oil this weekend.   Yeah.   Awesome.  I know one hotel that does not let to block there any more.  Well the actual convention or be an official convention hotel.  I can't see how they can turn away people for being swingers booking on their own.

<div>That's just creepy. And the unforunate thing about NOLA is that people have this notion that they can go there and do whatever they want and get away with it. </div>
  • Meh, I don't have any issues with swinging.  I wouldn't do it, I don't think, but I don't care if other people do.

Now, the stuff with Stefffi's friend seems borderline shady AT BEST, so that's a little different.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-time-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:bc681467-087a-4ce6-9b81-69fefe578ae6Post:1444850f-be6a-4093-8f71-c568f0ce1be8">Re: Night Time</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Meh, I don't have any issues with swinging.  I wouldn't do it, I don't think, but I don't care if other people do.</strong> Now, the stuff with Stefffi's friend seems borderline shady AT BEST, so that's a little different.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>That's how I feel about it.</div>
  • I don't have an issue with swinging, it's not for us, either. Or with polygamy. Or with BDSM. Or with whatever you do in your bedroom.

I just don't want to know what the hay you do in your bedroom and we'll get along just fine.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-time-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:bc681467-087a-4ce6-9b81-69fefe578ae6Post:dcf8acd1-8760-495e-bacd-694e734a3ef1">Re: Night Time</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't have an issue with swinging, it's not for us, either. Or with polygamy. Or with BDSM. Or with whatever you do in your bedroom. I just don't want to know what the hay you do in your bedroom and we'll get along just fine.

So I probably shouldn't tell you that last night, me and my three husbands did a little switcheroo with the neighbors, and there were whips and nipple clamps?  And maybe a goat?

Got it.

• Anythime Loopy. One of my closest friend'smother died of it a year ago, so it's been my goal to walk for her and for my FSIL who is a survivor.
    Lynda, blah. I don't think it's just NOLA though. Many years ago at a hotel in DC there was an sf con at the same time as a BDSM thing. One of the BDSM people tied a woman to one of the sprinkler heads and then left the room. It broke, and flooded most of the hotel before they got i tunder control. The hotel banned both the BDSM people and the sf people, who had nothing to do with it. In fact, the con ended up changing its name to be able to get contracts.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-time-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:bc681467-087a-4ce6-9b81-69fefe578ae6Post:9a81ba93-dfb5-4fc5-a15e-ab71e46d243a">Re: Night Time</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Night Time : So I probably shouldn't tell you that last night, me and my three husbands did a little switcheroo with the neighbors, and there were whips and nipple clamps?  And maybe a goat? Got it.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

Why are you switching with the neighbors if you have three husbands of your own?!?

At least you leave Box Kitty out of it!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-time-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:bc681467-087a-4ce6-9b81-69fefe578ae6Post:b68a9a6c-d91a-4643-8ac5-cf75dcd3de18">Re: Night Time</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Night Time : Why are you switching with the neighbors if you have three husbands of your own?!? At least you leave Box Kitty out of it!

<div>Box Kitty was the one getting it on with the goat. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-time-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:bc681467-087a-4ce6-9b81-69fefe578ae6Post:b68a9a6c-d91a-4643-8ac5-cf75dcd3de18">Re: Night Time</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Night Time : Why are you switching with the neighbors if you have three husbands of your own?!? At least you leave Box Kitty out of it!

Because I'm a greedy, selfish biittch.

• LOL Zizi.

There are two sets of screw holes over the bed in the master bedroom of the rental house. Everytime I see the landlord's daughter who lived here prior I wonder about those holes. Then I think I really don't want to know! But, we still talk about them sometimes at night.

There's a FB for kink, I can't remember what it's called now, though. Learned about that from my friend as well.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-time-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:bc681467-087a-4ce6-9b81-69fefe578ae6Post:f3a30f61-f216-4c67-9463-6fbbb7e5dbaa">Re: Night Time</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Night Time : Box Kitty was the one getting it on with the goat. 

HOW DARE YOU TALK ABOUT BOX KITTY LIKE THAT.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-time-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:bc681467-087a-4ce6-9b81-69fefe578ae6Post:f3a30f61-f216-4c67-9463-6fbbb7e5dbaa">Re: Night Time</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Night Time : Box Kitty was the one getting it on with the goat. 

You're terrible. LOL
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-time-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:bc681467-087a-4ce6-9b81-69fefe578ae6Post:9f461afe-550c-48cb-a5da-cd70e1e8213a">Re: Night Time</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Night Time : That's just creepy. And the unforunate thing about NOLA is that people have this notion that they can go there and do whatever they want and get away with it. 

<div>
    </div><div>I don't think it's a NOLA thing per se.  Sure you can get away with more here than other places.  We have a lot of strip joints and 'spas' around, but I'm sure NOLA isn't the only swinger conference in the country.  It's just the only one I personally have any 'connection' to be able to comment about.</div>

• Why the fluck would hanger girl DD? That's SO strange. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-time-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:bc681467-087a-4ce6-9b81-69fefe578ae6Post:3cab80b4-047c-4221-80d5-9f9a790a32ea">Re: Night Time</a>:
    [QUOTE]Anythime Loopy. One of my closest friend'smother died of it a year ago, so it's been my goal to walk for her and for my FSIL who is a survivor.<strong> </strong><strong>Lynda</strong><strong>, blah. I don't think it's just </strong><strong>NOLA</strong><strong> though.</strong> Many years ago at a hotel in DC there was an sf con at the same time as a BDSM thing. One of the BDSM people tied a woman to one of the sprinkler heads and then left the room. It broke, and flooded most of the hotel before they got i tunder control. The hotel banned both the BDSM people and the sf people, who had nothing to do with it. In fact, the con ended up changing its name to be able to get contracts.
    Posted by zizibet[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Very true.  Sorry if I made is out to seem like it's only in NOLA.  </div><div>
    </div><div>I'm sure we don't have the only swinger conference.   NOLA is the only one I can comment on because I'm here to witness it first hand.  I'm sure there are more throughout the country.</div>

• pokepoke27pokepoke27 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-time-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:bc681467-087a-4ce6-9b81-69fefe578ae6Post:76612d7b-2947-43e3-a054-10de9e7200bf">Re: Night Time</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Night Time : I don't think it's a NOLA thing per se.  Sure you can get away with more here than other places.  We have a lot of strip joints and 'spas' around, but I'm sure NOLA isn't the only swinger conference in the country.  It's just the only one I personally have any 'connection' to be able to comment about.

<div>I wasn't talking about the swinger personality thing. I was just talking in general. It's possible that those people thought they could get away with more because they were in NOLA. Like, maybe if the conference was in a different city it wouldn't be SO crazy. Although I will agree that there are other cities that people would let loose with more.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards