Etiquette

Save the Dates for a time-crunch wedding?

My fiance proposed to me last August, but we didn't make it official until last week. Our wedding date is June 2nd of this year. The problem is that according to all my checklists I should have already sent our save the dates, but we don't even have our engagement pictures taken yet.

Is it wrong to skip the save the dates or is it really important because it's a time crunch?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Save the Dates for a time-crunch wedding?

• STDs are optional. However, if you really want them, you do not need to have your picture on them.

• misshart00misshart00 Oklahoma
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary First Answer
    Don't worry about save the dates. You'll be sending out invitations soon enough. STDs seem to cause more problems than they're worth around here. Just email or call your VIPs.
  • I just sent my Save the dates a couple of days ago and our wedding is the day before yours. What you could do is maybe send a non picture save the date, and once your e pics are done, you can include those on the invites or some other part of the stationery. If you have quite a few OOT guests, I would definitely recommend doing them.
  • lyndausvilyndausvi Western Slope, Colorado
    Moderator Knottie Warrior 10000 Comments 500 Love Its
    mod
    I wouldn't send out save the dates.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Kate61487Kate61487
    2500 Comments Fourth Anniversary 250 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2013
    skip the STDs.  They're 100% optional; and if you do them they're supposed to go out 6-9 months in advance.  You're only 4 months out so I'd definitely say it's not worth it. 

Plus the most difficult part of planning for most people is making the guest list and getting current addresses for everyone.  I assume if you just made it official you've got some work still to do on that front, so it's not like you could mail them tomorrow. Call/text/email your VIPs and let them know the date.  You'll be fine!
  • Skip them.  Any checklist that you look at needs to be modified for your situation.  Maybe you're not doing a receiving line or dying your shoes to match your dress - delete those.  There might be things that your checklist doesn't include that you need to add.  Same goes for timing of things.  It's a good guideline, but not a hard & fast rule.
  • Thanks for the input!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • At this point I wouldn't bother with save the dates. Save the money and just tell people in person, over the phone whatever.
    ~~Sept 2013 Brides - January Siggy - Floral Inspiration~~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to Save the Dates for a time-crunch wedding?:
    My fiance proposed to me last August, but we didn't make it official until last week. Our wedding date is June 2nd of this year. The problem is that according to all my checklists I should have already sent our save the dates, but we don't even have our engagement pictures taken yet. Is it wrong to skip the save the dates or is it really important because it's a time crunch?
    Posted by dammitkrystyn

We're getting married June 1st, and I'm working on our invitations, because I need to have them printed, then assembled. I need to have them done in the next few weeks, really, if I want them out at the beginning of April.

I don't think you have time to be messing with STDs, honestly.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

278 Invited image 168 Attending image 63 Declined image 47 Still Thinking image

RSVP Date: May 18th

• In Response to Save the Dates for a time-crunch wedding?:
    My fiance proposed to me last August, but we didn't make it official until last week. Our wedding date is June 2nd of this year. The problem is that according to all my checklists I should have already sent our save the dates, but we don't even have our engagement pictures taken yet. Is it wrong to skip the save the dates or is it really important because it's a time crunch?
    Posted by dammitkrystyn
    Just call any VIPs. Or email them. Or don't. Save the dates, though fun, aren't at all mandatory.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards