Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Small wedding bridal shower or not?

My fiance was married before and had a horrible wedding due to family members (divorced mother and father) not being able to get along. I have a very small (my mother, my sister, and myself) so we decided to go out of town to get married with about 10 people. We do have a lot of friends and extended family. What is the ettiquette for having a bridal shower and registry? Oh I forgot to add we will be having a reception for all friends and family a couple months later.

Re: Small wedding bridal shower or not?

• Options
    Agree with everyone else.  If you are having a small wedding, then you would have a very small shower.   The wedding afterparty is not a reception, it is a celebration of your wedding, and the people invited to that event, should not be invited to the shower.
  • Options
    I would nix the idea of a shower and decline if anybody offers to throw you one.  As for the party you intend to throw months later, I wouldn't bother to register for that either.  I highly doubt you would get any gifts, it would come off as a tacky gift grab.
  • Options
    I'm not a regular poster on here, but thought I'd pop in since I asked all these ladies the same advice a couple weeks ago. I just changed my wedding to have only immediate family and the wedding party- about 15 people. And with that, I realized I had to give up a bachelorette and bridal shower because with who is coming, a bridal shower of just those people would be kind of... awkward. So instead I'm just having a girls day- nothing wedding related at all, just a hang out day to celebrate life changes for all! It's a little sad not to have those events, but it's just part of having a small wedding, because you are- that party later on isn't your wedding so if you invited people not going to the wedding to the bridal shower, it does look gift grabby unfortunately!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards