Wedding Etiquette Forum

Evening?

There are people out there.  I know it.  Entertain me please.  I got called into work and now I'm bored.  And looking for temporary and rental property to CO since I'm moving there in either 2 or 3 weeks.  But probably 2.  OMG!!

Re: Evening?

• Hi Loopy. I was posting in Eagles thread, but I'll play here instead. I walked a 10k this morning in Richmond and we saw Hunger Games this afternoon. I loved the movie. Can't wait for the next one to come out.
  • Hi Loopy!
    Hi MK!

I'm sitting here watching the UK/Louisville game.  I'm on the conference planning team for an organization I'm involved with and went to visit the site this morning as it's been 10 years since we've been to that specific location.  I was expecting to freak out because we have 20 less people signed up than we contracted for, but the guy in the front office told me they'd only charge us for how many actually come.  WHEW!
  • Hi strlz!! I'm in conference planning, and as long as your contract doesn't have any attrition clause, or minimum food & beverage requirements you should be fine.

They'll charge you on the number you guarantee for. And if he said you're fine, you'll be ok.
  • And yay for moving Loopy!!!
  • That's good to know!
  • Hi MK - My cousin and my aunt did the 10K in Richmond today too.  My cousin posted a couple of video's to FB.  They walked together miles 1 - 2 (she posted a video at the beginning and again at mile 2) and said her plan was to run mile 3, 5, 7, and 9 or something like that.  I think my aunt just walked it.  Congrats!

Hi Stlrz!
  • So Loopy, once you get to CO, how long do you plan on holiding onto your house in OH before you put it on the market?  You've got renters in there now, right?
  • I just checked my time and I'm pretty sure my chip didn't work. My clock time and chip time match. Cannot be correct.

The people I walked with had times of 1h37m and mine says 3h10m. Definitely not right.
  • Our renters moved in today.  They have a 12 month lease.   They are friends of ours and he has 18-24 months left until he finishes his nursing program so it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they end up staying 2 years.  
    We plan to hang on to it until they move out (our lease requires them to give 60 days notice) and then reassessing the situation.  If we can afford to sell it at that point, we will, but if not we'll either turn it over to a property management group to handle keeping it rented and maintained or we will figure out how to be long distance landlords.  But in 2 years we should have enough saved to pay the difference between what we owe and what we can sell it for (and for a down payment on a house in CO).
  • Hi! This is the first time I've tried the mobile site, so forgive me if my posts are formatted weird. I have my computer and my lights and electronics unplugged for Earth Hour.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • In the grand scheme of things, 2 years (possibly even less) doesn't seem that long at all, and at least you & your H will be in the same state again.

• Raes - I used that this morning.  Ish.  

DJ - I'm so sorry to hear that.  T&P that they cought it early enough and are able to effectively treat it.

Stlrz - You are right.  And with our friend living there I'm not worried about it getting destroyed or trashed and having to put a lot of $$ into it in order to sell it in a few years.  Repainting will hopefully be the extent of it.
  • DJ- sorry to hear about your mom's sucky news.  My T&P will be with all of you.
  • DJ so sorry to hear that. I hope it's easily treatable.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • DJ - wow.. a 3 year lease.  Lucky you!  If they move out before we're ready to sell it, we might let MIL put a notice up at the nearby hospital she works at and see if we can get a new tenant that way.  There's always doctors doing a 1 year program there or newly graduated residents looking for housing close to the hospital that's affordable.  And we'd trust that alittle more than a random Craigslist ad or something.. (says the person combing Craigslist for rentals in CO who fully intends to pay all her bills on time and in full :))
  • lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2012
    Hi.

Just hanging out while DH is the OSU/KU game.  I'm hungry but not sure what I want to eat.

So who is the new poster giving grammar lessons around the 'invite' threads?  Her only posts are to correct someone so I was wondering if she was an AE?

ETA - spelling.  Stupid fingers

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • DJ - I'm really sorry to hear that. That's rough. :(

BF and I just got back from dinner. I had some awesome blue margaritas. Now I'm getting comfy with some DVR stuff.
  • Lynda Do you want healthy, or not healthy?

What'cha watchin' eirwin?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c06a67f5-ee72-4eb1-8c20-a8d68f44653dPost:84135229-1b0f-4fdd-8a76-a91133575724">Re: Evening?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lynda are you talking about the lizard person re: grammar? I noticed her post in the first thread.
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

<div>Yes.</div>

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c06a67f5-ee72-4eb1-8c20-a8d68f44653dPost:cdf6438e-ff99-433f-a5ed-9148de897631">Re: Evening?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lynda Do you want healthy, or not healthy? What'cha watchin' eirwin?
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]
    "House Hunters". I like to guess which house they're going to pick. :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c06a67f5-ee72-4eb1-8c20-a8d68f44653dPost:cdf6438e-ff99-433f-a5ed-9148de897631">Re: Evening?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lynda Do you want healthy, or not healthy? What'cha watchin' eirwin?

<div>Not healthy. I think.   IDK?  I had a cheesesteak for lunch.   The sushi place downstairs is pretty appealing, but we had that a few days ago.</div>

• Eirwyn - I always guess wrong.

Lynda - mac and cheese?  pizza?  wings and beer?  chinese?
  • Loopy - Same here. I also like that $500,000 can get you a 5 bdr/4 bath house in Michigan but gets you a 300-sq ft condo in San Francisco.

Lynda - Spaghetti? Tacos? Omelet w/bacon? Pancakes?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c06a67f5-ee72-4eb1-8c20-a8d68f44653dPost:11e48921-08e7-4a7a-b221-65c16bb6175c">Re: Evening?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Eirwyn - I always guess wrong. Lynda - mac and cheese?  pizza?  wings and beer?  chinese?

<div>Well, I had chinese 4 days ago. I'm not so much of a fan to have it twice in one week.   </div><div>Pizza sounds good, but DH isn't here and he would be mad I had it without him.  Reason being is he can eat pizza everyday if I allowed him.  I'm good for pizza twice a month.  So it's like a treat for him when I say "let's order a pizza".</div><div>
    </div><div>Mac-n-cheese sounds like a good plan.  </div>

• Evening! H and I survived Costco today, phew. We're watching the Ohio-Kansas game and planning on staying in and relaxing tonight.
  • Edie, have you seen any of the Pittsburgh Dad videos on YT?  My sister & I had some good laughs about a few of them last weekend.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c06a67f5-ee72-4eb1-8c20-a8d68f44653dPost:e0ae2bc3-dbb0-4201-83c3-a01c6f89b802">Re: Evening?</a>:
    [QUOTE] Lynda - Spaghetti? Tacos? Omelet w/bacon? Pancakes?
    Posted by eirwyn[/QUOTE]

<div>Umm. Spaghetti. </div>

• Hi ladies!  I'm just hanging out and playing online while fi watched the basketball game.

Congrats on the 10k Mk!  Hehe...it rhymes!

DJ I'm so sorry about your mom, my thoughts are with you and your family.
  • I really need to go to the grocery store, but I've found that if I don't have a real list (as in I actually know what I'll be cooking) then I spend way too much money.
  • I don't know if they are, and now I feel like a complete idiot because I totally forgot about your hearing issues.  I'm sorry.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards