Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Things I do not get

Re: Things I do not get

• Options
    Matt is the best at stroking my hair.  We watch tv and, oops, somehow my head is in his lap!!  Pet me please!!! 

I'm worse than a dog.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_things-not?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:cb473b6d-0f6f-4493-81f3-4a9d6b84855fPost:b169f339-7c0a-439a-af79-48c47fef9bd7">Re: Things I do not get</a>:
    [QUOTE]Matt is the best at stroking my hair.  We watch tv and, oops, somehow my head is in his lap!!  Pet me please!!!  I'm worse than a dog.
    Posted by MattsPenguin[/QUOTE]

H does this a lot.  Many times I appreciate it, but sometimes he just doesn't realize how static-y he's making my hair.  especially if I let it dry in a ponytail that day, so it has NO body and picks up a static charge almost instantly
  • Options
    "There were plenty of women who opposed the Suffrage movement. This isn't a new thing." Exactly, which is why it doesn't surprise me, but I still don't like it. I mean, tons of women didn't think they deserved the right to vote, for what ever reason. And now there are gays who think they shouldn't have equal rights. It's disheartening to know that some people don't think they're "good enough." Sad times. :(
  • Options
    It's one of those things that's just so soothing. It's not complicated. It's just nice.

I'll take you up on that, Chrissy.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_things-not?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:cb473b6d-0f6f-4493-81f3-4a9d6b84855fPost:150317ab-261d-4243-b589-19025339c9d3">Re: Things I do not get</a>:
    [QUOTE]Really long engagements. To be clear, I'm not saying they're stupid--I just don't get them. We were engaged for eight months, and it felt like eternity. My parents were engaged for six weeks. SIL was engaged for three years, as was H's cousin/best friend.
    Posted by specialk84[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Not everyone has the finances to get married right away. Or in my case (almost 2 years), my fiance's brother is getting married this summer, so we are waiting until the summer after out of respect for them. (FBIL has some OCD issues with it). There are many reasons; you can't assume people wait for the sake of waiting. Believe me, I would get married this summer if I could, but FBIL and finances just don't allow it. </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_things-not?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:cb473b6d-0f6f-4493-81f3-4a9d6b84855fPost:d4da2504-7628-48b1-8c21-8e95f3873d6d">Re: Things I do not get</a>:
    [QUOTE]"There were plenty of women who opposed the Suffrage movement. This isn't a new thing." Exactly, which is why it doesn't surprise me, but I still don't like it. I mean, tons of women didn't think they deserved the right to vote, for what ever reason. And now there are gays who think they shouldn't have equal rights. It's disheartening to know that some people don't think they're "good enough." Sad times. :(
    Posted by Simply Fated[/QUOTE]

<div>I think it's sad too. I'm just kind of surprised that people are so surprised. </div>
  • Options
    I cannot stand having my hair stroked.  Within about 30 seconds it is just so greasy and nasty.  
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_things-not?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:cb473b6d-0f6f-4493-81f3-4a9d6b84855fPost:f048dd91-c65f-4e0c-be75-b278dd81ad64">Re: Things I do not get</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Things I do not get : Not everyone has the finances to get married right away. Or in my case (almost 2 years), <strong>my fiance's brother is getting married this summer, so we are waiting until the summer after out of respect for them.</strong> (FBIL has some OCD issues with it). There are many reasons; you can't assume people wait for the sake of waiting. Believe me, I would get married this summer if I could, but FBIL and finances just don't allow it. 
    Posted by JeremyHeartTrena[/QUOTE]

<div>See, I think that's silly. I don't get it. As long as they aren't back-to-back with half the guest list having to travel, just do it.</div><div>
    </div><div>BIL got married less than two weeks after us. The only reason I was pissed about that was because his family was pissed. They had to take off work, travel and deal with finding a gift and something to wear, all within the same pay period.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_things-not?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:cb473b6d-0f6f-4493-81f3-4a9d6b84855fPost:08b0ae25-9157-467d-aaa0-70f82e082acf">Re: Things I do not get</a>:
    [QUOTE]I cannot stand having my hair stroked.  Within about 30 seconds it is just so greasy and nasty.  
    Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]
    This. No one touches my hair but me. It makes me batty!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_things-not?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:cb473b6d-0f6f-4493-81f3-4a9d6b84855fPost:083913b0-3877-44b8-b2aa-69383de0e69e">Re: Things I do not get</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I don't get why people feel the need to associate with one party or another, poltically speaking, especially when said party doesn't represent that person's total view. I hate having a 2 party system. I think there should be candidates, not parties. Being independent is fine.</strong>  I know plenty of gay Catholics. All but one went to seminary and most are priests or monks now. I really think they hate themselves and that makes me sad. The one who didn't go to seminary is my sister's BFF and he is very conflicted but identifies as Catholic because he is big inot pro-life issues (again with the one issue thing) and its easier than pissing off his family on 2 life issues instead of just one. 
    Posted by SarahPLiz[/QUOTE]

This!  I feel the same way about religion (not the whole two party thing, but the representing your total view part).  It's sad that people who identify as Catholics because they believe most of the teachings can somethings hate themselves because of how it portays homosexuality.  I don't think agreeing with a bulk of a political party or religion's views should be seen so 'all or nothing'.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_things-not?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:cb473b6d-0f6f-4493-81f3-4a9d6b84855fPost:08b0ae25-9157-467d-aaa0-70f82e082acf">Re: Things I do not get</a>:
    [QUOTE]I cannot stand having my hair stroked.  Within about 30 seconds it is just so greasy and nasty.  
    Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]

Saaaame! My bf actually knows not to touch my hair if there is a chance I'll be going out that night.
  • Options
    I should clarify that I only like having my hair stroked when I don't plan on being seen in public. H has a tendency to screw up my curls, so I look a little like Sideshow Bob. That's fine if we're in for the evening, but I don't want him to do it right after I've styled it.
  • Options

One of my favorite things in the world is for H to brush my hair.  My hair is so long that it turns into a hair brushing/back scratching combo.  I can only get him to do it every so often, though.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    Confession:  I have sometimes skipped leaving the house at night to go to tap class or the gym, because I've gotten Matt in a hair stroking groove and I don't want to leave.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_things-not?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:cb473b6d-0f6f-4493-81f3-4a9d6b84855fPost:9a16e005-366d-49da-8c11-dd59a582aff6">Re: Things I do not get</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Things I do not get : H does this a lot.  Many times I appreciate it, but sometimes he just doesn't realize how static-y he's making my hair.  especially if I let it dry in a ponytail that day, so it has NO body and picks up a static charge almost instantly
    Posted by Kate61487[/QUOTE]

Every once in a while it's got a tangle or two or else it's too staticy, and I start to not like it.  But more often than not it is heaven.
  • Options
    I do not get why people (99% men) think it's okay to spit/hack up stuff in public and spit it on the sidewalk.  How do they not know that this is gross and spreads disease?

Likewise people who would rather sit next to you on the commuter train and Snnniiifffffff for an hour than just get a tissue and blow their nose.

So I guess I don't get how people can be so gross.
  • Options
    How does spit on a sidewalk spread disease?  It's gross, yes, but I don't get how it spreads disease.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_things-not?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:cb473b6d-0f6f-4493-81f3-4a9d6b84855fPost:e87d79b6-f267-45c7-806d-2c3f0302a483">Re: Things I do not get</a>:
    [QUOTE]I do not get why people (99% men) think it's okay to spit/hack up stuff in public and spit it on the sidewalk.  How do they not know that this is gross and spreads disease? Likewise people who would rather sit next to you on the commuter train and Snnniiifffffff for an hour than just get a tissue and blow their nose. <strong>So I guess I don't get how people can be so gross.
    </strong>Posted by harpsdesire[/QUOTE]

My college roommate (female) used to shoot snot rockets in our SHARED shower. My room was connected to the bathroom so I could hear her in there doing it. Makes me fvcking gag just thinking about it.
  • Options

Don't act like you have never licked a sidewalk adamar. I know you better than that.

• Options
    Adamar- it's like sneezing without covering your mouth, it doesn't just go straight to the ground, and then there are germs all over people within a five-foot radius of the spitter. It's really common in my neighborhood, and you'd better believe I disinfect the heck out of my hands and arms after walking by someone who spits while I'm less than 10 feet away.
  • Options
    Also, I'm with the hair-stroking enjoyers. Sometimes FI will do it spontaneously while we're watching a movie and I'm leaning on him, that's the best.
  • Options
    I'm just building my immune system, Rosie!  No shame in my game!

• Options
    OMG Rosie. That mental image is horrifying.

Fun fact of the day: Someone refers to the E board as sour patch kids. I love sour patch kids.
  • Options
    Who refers to the E board as that midge? Why? Are we sour puss'?
  • Options
    In Response to Re: Things I do not get:
    [QUOTE]I do not get why people (99% men) think it's okay to spit/hack up stuff in public and spit it on the sidewalk.  How do they not know that this is gross and spreads disease? Likewise people who would rather sit next to you on the commuter train and Snnniiifffffff for an hour than just get a tissue and blow their nose. So I guess I don't get how people can be so gross.
    Posted by harpsdesire[/QUOTE]
    Only if you immediately lick the sidewalk. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Sour patch kids are AMAZING.  and addictive.

So clearly, the E board is amazing and addictive.

I'm down with that assessment.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Damn.  Now I want sour patch kids, or sour gummy worms.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    A DELICIOUS kick in the balls, Megan.

• Options
    But Chrissy, she had expectations and we LET HER DOWN.  Shame on us.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards