Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Getting Married in CA suggestions?!?!

My fiance and I are flying out to CA to choose the place that we are going to get married.  We currently have 7 places picked that we are going to see:Casa Del MarRitz Carlton Laguna NiguelShutters on the beachSt. Regis Monarch beachThe Sunset RestaurantLa Venta InnTerraneaI have never been to SoCal and would love feedback about any of these venues.  Looking for a beach/cliff/bluff setting. 

Re: Getting Married in CA suggestions?!?!

• Options
    Be prepared not to get too many answers on the SoCal boards: I live in Anaheim, but I wouldn't have any idea about venues in south county, and I'm not sure that people on the San Diego boards would have experience that far north.  Sorry.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    I moved from LA not too long ago.  If you want a beautiful view for only $99 call the LA Park District and reserve the park overlooking the Pacific in Malibu, CA.  It is gorgeous and they do weddings.  You and groom would march right up to the edge (as far as you want to go) and the backdrop is the Pacific.  A sunset would be really beautiful.  It's off the PCH in Malibu.  If you are going north, it's before you get to Pepperdine.  Pepperdine is on the right and the park sits back off the street, on the left.  Just call the LA park district.  I did (before I moved from LA) and that's how I know it's $99 permit - that's it.  I saw a wedding setup there with beautiful chairs covered in white cloth facing the Pacific.  Too beautiful!
  • Options
    Thank you for the message.. on the map I see two parks.. Malibu Lagoon State Beach or Malibu Bluff State Area.. Do you remember the name of the one you talked about? Thank you so much. Ann
  • Options
    No, I'm sorry.  I can't! :(We just called it the park off the PCH in Malibu.  Sorry.  Based on a quick internet view, I think that it's Bluffs park.It's the park that has the baseball diamond (if you call the park district, they can tell you which it is).  Don't worry, the baseball diamond is somewhat removed from the area where the wedding could occur.  I just looked on the internet and one loc also has a reception area although it's not that dressy.  
  • Options
    Actually,. I know of quite a few of those places having looked into a couple myself. They are all beautiful and unique locations in their own way. The closer you are to the beach the more you get to see in beauty of nature. if you like the city then nightlife is great that city is prettier at night and if you are indoors with an outside view it's AMAZING! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards