Wedding Etiquette Forum

Bachelorette Party Drama!

2»

Re: Bachelorette Party Drama!

• I'm with East. Normally I'm all, "the person who plans the party should pay" but with bachelorettes, it's expected that people pay their own way. Scratch that, people are ASKED to pay their own way. If she couldn't save up $84 in a few months or something changed, she should have worked something out with your sister or simply dropped out.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_bachelorette-party-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d0981651-ac33-471d-af8e-af5622ace597Post:b26ec04e-d52b-43ba-9e01-7bb446608a3e">Re: Bachelorette Party Drama!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm with East. Normally I'm all, "the person who plans the party should pay" but with bachelorettes, it's expected that people pay their own way. Scratch that, people are ASKED to pay their own way. If she couldn't save up $84 in a few months or something changed, she should have worked something out with your sister or simply dropped out.
    Posted by msmerymac[/QUOTE]

You're absolutely right about this.

I still don't see why OP was ever dragged into it in the first place. Seems to be a problem with MOH and crotch-rocket BM.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_bachelorette-party-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d0981651-ac33-471d-af8e-af5622ace597Post:3af14e19-162f-4e07-8566-48c80d44cfc9">Re: Bachelorette Party Drama!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bachelorette Party Drama! : You're absolutely right about this. I still don't see why OP was ever dragged into it in the first place. Seems to be a problem with MOH and crotch-rocket BM.
    Posted by shannonalise[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah, I agree with that too. But now that OP HAS been dragged into it, I don't blame her for being pissed if this is a recurring problem with this BM.</div>
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • edited June 2010
    All I was agreeing with is the fact that BM agreed and wrote a check for the party.  Then keeps backtracking.  Yes that would be annoying.  If she for some unknown reason can't pay the money now, then she should come clean about it.  She shouldn't leave everyone else in the dark and not let them know that she is out.  Shiit happens but, if it will affect someone else you should let them know. 

That being said, OP should not be brought into it and MOH should handle it herself!

Edited for spelling!
    1st pic of us together. Apparently I thought something was funny.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ~Holly and Jeff~
    image 232 Made the cut! image 96 Ready to party!
    image 44 Have better things to do!
    image 92 Are going to cause me to have a stroke!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_bachelorette-party-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d0981651-ac33-471d-af8e-af5622ace597Post:4936a77a-3c8d-4083-b004-378227756ffd">Re: Bachelorette Party Drama!</a>:
    [QUOTE]All I was agreeing with is the fact that BM agreed and wrote a check for the party.  Then keeps backtracking.  Yes that would be annoying.  If she for some unknown reason can't pay the money now, then she should come clean about it.  She shouldn't leave everyone else in the dark and not let them know that she is out.  Shiit happens but, if it will affect someone else you should let them know.  That being said, OP should not be brought into it and MOH should handle it herself! Edited for spelling!
    Posted by hd7694[/QUOTE]

I agree!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Fire them all or make them wear orange! Sheesh. Biitches need to learn a lesson
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • What does each BMs $84 get them?  If your sis planned a party and basically divided up ALL costs to the guests, then she's not throwing anything- she's just asking for people to pay for what she thinks is a fun night.  I threw my friends party and each guest brought $30 and that included their custom order food, booze, strippers, desserts, game prizes and hotel party... if $84 is just for a portion of the limo I think your sis is out of line asking for it in the first place. 

If the amount in question is too much for your sis to be able to float- student or not- then it's a high enough amount that someone might reasonably not have it at any given point.  Your sis should have cashed the check when the friend said it was ok to.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards