Wedding Etiquette Forum

Beer

So we are buying beer for the reception at Sam's. I drink wine. If I was to buy 15  24 packs of beer what domestics would you suggest. I do know lots of people drink lite beers.

Re: Beer

• I think it's best to go with common stuff people will like, and maybe have a small amount of something slightly funkier if YOU like it. I think we did a combo of Miller Lite, Sam Adams, and a very small amount of Blue Moon because its my favorite. It also depends in your crowd and what you know they like....if they drink PBR or Lienenkugels (which I don't know how to spell..sorry). I any case, I don't think you need more than 3 or 4 varieties.
    DSC_9275
  • Sassenach1743Sassenach1743 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2012
    Stella Artois is usually a safe bet (although this is an import)

Rolling Rock is a nice light variety

Hefeweizens are popular, consider Pyramid or Widmer

Blue Moon is another popular witbeir (light variety)

Anniversary
  • Blue Moon is excellent and Sam is always a good choice as mentioned previously. Additionally there is Guinness if anyone likes stout. I don't know many people who actually like Stella (not to bash it or anything to the person who suggested it), but you'll be safe with the typical light beers (Miller, Bud, etc.). The Hefeweizens are popular, but if you start getting into craft beers, it might get a little pricier.
     Visit The Knot!                                           image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_beer-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d13e46fb-be8b-4ad9-9c4a-36698808be18Post:ccf000e9-3aa4-46fb-8970-9b9aa53f6092">Re:Beer</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think taste and selection vary significantly by region. I would also post this on your local board.
    Posted by Sleeper2013[/QUOTE]

<div>This.  I think that this is an instance where you really just need to know the tastes of your crowd/region.  Some of the suggestions on here would have gone over horribly with my crowd.  I'm not trying to offend anyone who posted them, but I'm just trying to make a point that people's tastes vary so much that it is probably better to buy with your particular guest list in mind.  </div>
  • I would do Sam Adams, Blue Moon and Coors Light
    Anniversary
  • Sams Club will probably only sell beer that is popular in your local area.  Otherwise they wouldn't have very good sales figures, right?

Your local board is a good resource.  You can also ask a few friends what they like, or pay attention to what they order on dinners out or at bars.   But yeah, Sams Club should only have fairly neutral stuff that's popular in your area:-)   
    DSC_9275
  • libby2483libby2483 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_beer-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d13e46fb-be8b-4ad9-9c4a-36698808be18Post:7640a078-6615-4187-bb26-b7f5f2e20359">Re: Beer</a>:
    [QUOTE]What brands of beer does Sams club sell?  I say go with Yuengling, Flying dog, or Sam Adams. If you want an import go with linderman or chimay. I agree with the above to see what your crowd of people like. Every area and circle feels differently about beer.
    Posted by snippet17[/QUOTE]

<div>This is why I agree that OP should check her local board or Sam's Club.  I don't know a single person who drinks any of these beers, except for a few people who drink Sam Adams.  I haven't even heard of some of them and the people in my circle are pretty big beer drinkers.  Not that there are anything wrong with these beers, but they just aren't available or popular in my area.  I had Miller Lite and Spotted Cow at my wedding.  Most of my friends love Spotted Cow, but since it is brewed here in Wisconsin, I don't think it is available or popular nation-wide.</div>
  • We are doing 3 beers: bud light, yuengling, and corona... but now that ive seen so many suggestions of blue moon i might add that too!
    ***January Siggy Challenge... Bouquet Inspiration***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards