Wedding Etiquette Forum

Month End

Blahhh... Here I am at work at 6 am on a Friday because of stinky month end!! I'll probably be stuck here until 6 pm, as well! Not to mention, I have to bust butt to get my stuff done by 3:30 or so just so we can start the month end process. Ugh!

Anyone else working lame shifts due to month end?

April 2013 - October Siggy Challenge: Venue

Save the Date - Music Poster Inspired STD's

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Month End

• That sucks!  I only have one report I have to do for month end stuff, it's not bad though, takes about 30 minutes and just shows patient accrual numbers in different ways.  I would not like a job where month in stuff was a big deal!  good luck with that. 
  • Normally my month end stuff isn't really too bad, but since it fell on a Friday this month, I'm super packed. My Fridays are my most busy day, so I have to hurry up and get everything done. Well, at least we have a three day weekend! Hahah.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My month end doesn't really start until statements arrive in the mail, so I'm actually taking they day off since Monday is Labour Day in Canada. Yay for 4 day weekends!

Fingers crossed that you can get everything done quickly!
    Anniversary
  • Yes! I work for a mortgage company, so I dont even want to think about what time I'll be getting out of here this evening...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm doing month's end stuff too but I don't have too much to do. Lol I actually freaked out this morning because for some dumb reason I thought it was Saturday (and therefore sept. 1st) and I was freaking out because my remittance report wasn't done. Thank goodness it's a long weekend.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So far I'm getting my stuff done pretty quickly, which is great! Well, great for other people since they have to wait for my daily stuff to get done and then we all have to wait for the posting to be done, and then we can all start the month end process tonight around 3 pm. The actual process of doing month end stuff later tonight isn't too bad. It's just the fact that I'm stuck here for 12 hours that's pretty lame! Haha. Oh well, time and a half for overtime!! Wedding money!! WOOT WOOT! Hehe.

We're all in this together! We'll get through it!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm not working any weird shifts, but it's going to be crazy at work today. I'm a bank teller, and today is the Friday before a long weekend, the last Friday of the month, and the last business day before the 1st and the 3rd. So we will have all the paychecks coming to be cashed, all the Social Security, etc. coming through, everyone getting money for the weekend, blah blah. And I'm at one of the busiest branches, so it's going to be total chaos.
  • Month end stinks for me too... And fi always looks at me funny when I say we can't do something due to month end. You would think he'd be used to it by now.. And by not doing things, I mean making reservations or definite plans because I never know when I might leave.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited August 2012

Just to paint a little picture of how busy I am today: they ordered lunch for us processors, and it came and I was so busy that by the time I got to it, my sandwich as all soggy..so for lunch I ate a pickle, a choc chip cookie and a coke.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_month-end?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d32cf822-8779-404c-a391-aa61d01d9a9cPost:ed0d2a85-44e3-4afb-9ada-1f7b882027a5">Re: Month End</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just to paint a little picture of how busy I am today: they ordered lunch for us processors, and it came and I was so busy that by the time I got to it, my sandwich as all soggy..so for lunch I ate a pickle, a choc chip cookie and a coke.
    Posted by shanding4787[/QUOTE]

Awww. :( I'm sorry about your saggy sandwich!! Although, your alternative doesn't sound too bad. Hehe. We did a quick McDank's run! That was the only 30 minute break that I've had today. Yuck!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • HOME!!! I made it! Haha.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My DH is doing month end right now, but he has to stay late by himself! So I felt bad for him and am now keeping him company at his office . . . Blahhhhhhg, I agree, month end is so boring. DH's on the phone now, so I'm scanning the threads to pass the time. I feel bad for you OP. Hope your night goes quickly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards