Wedding Etiquette Forum

Cash Bar/wedding invitations

1235»

Re: Cash Bar/wedding invitations

• terrapvterrapv member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited May 2010
    no need to be rude. I was just looking for advice. Not everyone is rolling in money.
    Best wishes.
  • Weddings are one of the few times I always carry cash. You usually can't tip on a card and plus you never know if it is going to be cash bar of any sort. So I wouldn't be shocked by it.
    I never expect someone else no matter the situation to support my borderline alcoholism j/k :)

On a serious note. If I knew the b/g cut guests etc to afford an open bar I would feel bad. In the end, I don't mind buying my own drinks. I would hate having no drinks tho.

• Why in the world was this bumped with a blank post?

• I'm guessing the poster replied to the post, realised it was a million years old, then deleted her response,

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Poor dead threads.  The search function won't let them rest in peace.  
    Don't worry guys, I have the Wedding Police AND the Whambulance on speed dial!
  • I am fine with a cash bar, I would much rather go to a wedding with a cash bar, than go to a wedding with NO bar. Honestly I don't expect anyone to buy my alcohol. But I wouldn't put it on the invite. I think even mentioning it depends on your circle of friends. I don't go to a wedding expecting free alcohol. Where we are getting married is BOYB, We are providing some alcohol we like, but I have told a few close friends if they want something specific they are welcome to bring it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards