Wedding Etiquette Forum

Photographer in the limousine?

I want to get a limousine for the wedding party (bridesmaids, groomsmen, the hubby and me- no flower girls or ring bearer) to take after the ceremony out to some nice gardens nearby for pictures and be brought back aftewards to the reception. Is the photographer supposed to ride in the limo with us or is it okay if she rides seperately? I would not mind her being with us except it puts our passgener numbers 1 over and into a larger vehicle which is much more expensive. I just didn't know what the proper thing to do was. Any help or advice will be great. Thanks!

Re: Photographer in the limousine?

• rlavachrlavach member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    The photographer would ride there in their own car. They likely have all of their backup equipment there. Also, they may want to head over before you so they can start assessing the spots with good lighting & are less crowded. Both my photographers & videographers went to our photo location before we did & traveled in their own car. 
  • MNVegasMNVegas member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Our photographer rode in the limo with us and took pictures in the limo. I did have to get a larger limo, but since we were going to several locations, it just made sense to have photographer with us. He also coordinated drop off/pick up locations in Vegas with limo driver.
  • Ours came, but she sat up front with the driver, honestly.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • You can do it either way really, I would ask your Photographer what they might recommend/want/need?

I've done wedding photography before and rode along in the limo with the wedding party to get pictures in the limo. There were some really great shots I got because everyone was relaxed and having fun.

I do see PP's points though about equipment (some photographers have a lot more equipment or really would prefer to drive themselves).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards