North Carolina

**Grace**

Did you ever figure out what the deal is with tipping and the service charge at Durham Catering? I had my tasting today and it was so GOOD!!! I am in a food coma right now.

Re: **Grace**

• grace_ugagrace_uga member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You know, I didn't ask. I think I am just going to tip them anyway. I waited tables for many years and I want to make sure they are taken care of...plus my service charge was reduced (I think) when we were figuring out the budget with them! What did you try at your tasting????
  • edited December 2011
    Yea I hear ya. We may end up doing the same. Today we tried the chipotle braised beef short ribs, potato gnocchi with the devil's chicken ragu, potato gnocchi with toasted garlic, roasted butternut squash, and swiss chard, the mashed potatoes, and the vegetable ratatouille. Everything was SO good (well I didn't try the ribs, but everything else was so good!). I am so much mor excited for the wedding reception now! It was also good to hash out some details with them about room setup and what they will and won't do in terms of putting out centerpieces, etc.Tomorrow we meet with Robin. Busy week! But not as busy as yours I am sure ;)
  • edited December 2011
    If you're doing passed hor'dourves at the cocktail hour you have to do that smoked salmon one they have.  Absolutely amazing!
  • grace_ugagrace_uga member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oohhh - sounds good to me. I can't wait! We never did a tasting. I just trust that they'll do awesome food!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards