North Carolina
Options

Empty Wine Bottles

Sooo I have a new idea addition to my centerpieces (Im not exactly sure if it'll work, but I want to check prices). Does anyone know where I can find EMPTY wine bottles (possibly ones with unique lables) ?? Craigslist was zero help on this one. . Any suggestions ? TIA :)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Empty Wine Bottles

• Options
    JemmessicaJemmessica member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Go to a restaurant like Olive Garden and see if they will save them!Or you can go to a grocery store and see if they will save the bottles they use- like Harris Teeters have a sub bar and they use oil and vinegars- maybe they'd save you those?Or hell, you can always just drink a lot :-)
  • Options
    NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Thats a great idea! I totally didnt think about going to places like olive garden. . . We really only like Mead, but we do have about 5 wine bottles here that were given to us as gifts. . we need 12-15 bottles. . .*Sigh* lol I suppose I could use this as a reason to figure out which wines I truly like hah
  • Options
    CJ4578CJ4578 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would ask wine-drinking friends to save them for you instead of recycling them. Our recycling bins are always 90% wine bottles, so I bet lots of people would be able to give you some.Also, if you wanted you could have ours. I tend to buy wine exclusively by how cute the label is. We just recycled this week but could begin collecting. How many do you need?
    -- C
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Around 15 I think. Only one of my friends is really a wine drinker unfortunately. I was going to go this route due to it wouldn't cost me anything for her to save her bottles but she just recycled hers as well and Im thinking she's cutting down on the amount that she drinks.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would just ask people you know that drink wine.  We have a bottle or 2 I'd give you. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    :) If you have any you want to donate, shoot me an emailNcsupsych at gmail dot com. Im in Fuquay NC but travel to Raleigh daily and don't mind going to pick something up either ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So I just checked with FI.  And he recently took out the recycling so the few I thought we had were gone.  But he has one that he's drinking right now so it should be gone soonish.  When do you need them by?
  • Options
    wlfpkbridewlfpkbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My roommates and I are having a wine tasting party the first weekend in November. I would be glad to give you whatever we have left over. You can e-mail me at matthewsk1216 at gmail dot com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    YGM - you've hit the jackpot! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for everyone offering their bottles! :)At the moment, I believe I'll have enough come Saturday. If it turns out I need more, I'll let you ladies know. Again, thank you! You're all awesome! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards