Wedding Etiquette Forum

Hello?

Re: Hello?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hello-42?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f6080f79-441f-4fc9-bcb5-7d1ab7014694Post:34d69503-4dc2-4f0e-b3f2-b478b10f35cd">Re:Hello?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thats the one, J. I love that intense old man. I told my mom during the 96 Olympics that I wanted her to call him so we could train individually with him.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

I love him too.

Lizzie, I love goats.  But I was shocked to see them in the back of a pickup.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Although, Aly's dad does look like an aged Steve Nunno who was Shannon Miller's coach in 96.
  • I think goats are so adorable. I want one.
  • I was 8 during the 96 Olympics and therefore didn't understand that, 1. I was already probably the size of the tallest gymnast on team USA and therefore Bela would've laughed in my face at the thought of me being a gymnast, and 2. I didn't understand the cost of such an idea, hah.
  • That seems totally normal to me, J. Gah stop talking about math. I'm taking precalc and trig this semester and I'm not excited about it.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hello-42?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f6080f79-441f-4fc9-bcb5-7d1ab7014694Post:45a3b9c2-3861-40b5-93e9-d118b2d84dc6">Re: Hello?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I want a fainting goat.  They are hilarious.
    Posted by Holly4212011[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>It's a great defense mechanism, and it's entertaining too. Win/Win.. and they are hilarious.</div><div>
    </div><div>FI would kick my ass if I bought a goat.  Or a potbellied pig. I'd love a potbellied pig.My cat and dog would freak too, actually.</div>
  • willywally5willywally5 member
    First Comment
    edited August 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hello-42?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f6080f79-441f-4fc9-bcb5-7d1ab7014694Post:45a3b9c2-3861-40b5-93e9-d118b2d84dc6">Re: Hello?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I want a fainting goat.  They are hilarious.
    Posted by Holly4212011[/QUOTE]

<div>Funniest critter alive, I'm telling you. </div><div>
    </div><div>My MIL used to have goats, although they were not the fainting kind. They were freakin' terrorists! Ate EVERYTHING! And if they took sick, she'd bring 'em into the house! Holy Mother of God. </div>
  • Well that's an interesting turn of events, J. I can't say that I am well versed in Cameroon politics to know if asylum is something that everyone would want due to bad conditions there or whatever.
  • My horse FLIPPED THE FUUUCK OUT when a potbelly pig escaped into our yard. He broke down fences and everything. He's so dumb sometimes.

• And I BET you maced that pig.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hello-42?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f6080f79-441f-4fc9-bcb5-7d1ab7014694Post:384a011e-a99f-40c6-a8a0-a26b36bd90bc">Re:Hello?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well that's an interesting turn of events, J. I can't say that I am well versed in Cameroon politics to know if asylum is something that everyone would want due to bad conditions there or whatever.

I don't know much about Cameroon either.  I'm googling right now.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hello-42?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f6080f79-441f-4fc9-bcb5-7d1ab7014694Post:179a84db-45ec-431a-9e80-032ca5b18b23">Re:Hello?</a>:
    [QUOTE]And I BET you maced that pig.

<div>SNORT! Oh my goodness. Awesome, MuSu.</div>
  • Wiki says the country enjoys relatively high political and social stability compared to other African countries. But that doesn't mean too much I guess.
  • I'm also reading an article about Phelps complaining about swim cap regulations.

Dude, when I was in high school, we could only have one logo on our caps, one logo on our suits, no jewelry, no writing on us anywhere or tattoos... I mean, I don't understand why these things surprise him.  I get that things change and that sucks, but it's a swim cap.  Come on.

• In Response to Re:Hello?:[QUOTE]And I BET you maced that pig. Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

Duh, how else do you deal with strange animals that come on your property?

• edited August 2012
    Bahaha you guys "snorted"about a joke involving a pig.
  • hahaha... MuSu - I was thinking something along those lines too :).
  • Well good I am glad that you know how to handle these things, Adamar.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hello-42?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f6080f79-441f-4fc9-bcb5-7d1ab7014694Post:179a84db-45ec-431a-9e80-032ca5b18b23">Re:Hello?</a>:
    [QUOTE]And I BET you maced that pig.

<div>
    </div><div>Bwahahahahahaha!</div><div>
    </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hello-42?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f6080f79-441f-4fc9-bcb5-7d1ab7014694Post:d44ebdba-5245-48bb-9c14-ff67685e0df4">Re: Hello?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm also reading an article about Phelps complaining about swim cap regulations. Dude, when I was in high school, we could only have one logo on our caps, one logo on our suits, no jewelry, no writing on us anywhere or tattoos... I mean, I don't understand why these things surprise him.  I get that things change and that sucks, but it's a swim cap.  Come on.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>No doubt. I mean, does the number of logos on the cap effect one's performance? I bet not. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hello-42?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f6080f79-441f-4fc9-bcb5-7d1ab7014694Post:0077ae8e-6776-438c-a6e8-ee05bc522d1f">Re: Hello?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hello? : No doubt. I mean, does the number of logos on the cap effect one's performance? I bet not. 
    Posted by willywally5[/QUOTE]

Sure doesn't.  It's a stupid thing to get up in arms about.  We thought it was dumb in high school (mostly because it can be limiting as to the caps and suits you get), but we were also in high school. 

• I sooo hope sleep is not so elusive tonight as it was last night. And H & I can both sleep in because Nerdy Girl's teammate is picking her up for training in the morning. YAY!
  • Well from what I am reading, J, Cameroon seems like a pretty normal African country with corrupt government and law enforcement but so far I don't see anything about genocide or civil wars... Not that those are the only things worth asylum.
  • Hmm and I guess cameroon has one of the lowest life expectancies, at 54 years.
  • In Response to Re:Hello?:[QUOTE]Well good I am glad that you know how to handle these things, Adamar. Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

For sure. Although I would have been pissed if Adamar had hurt himself trying to get away from the pig. He thinks anything that's not a person or a horse is OMG SO SCARY.

• Aww poor horse Adamar. Hi my name is musu and I would not complain about having these track women's bodies.
  • I would like to have their bodies but keep my boobs. I like my boobs.

• J&K10910J&K10910 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited August 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hello-42?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f6080f79-441f-4fc9-bcb5-7d1ab7014694Post:5afa4bdb-1bf1-4c38-84cb-82bcfe49019e">Re:Hello?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well from what I am reading, J, Cameroon seems like a pretty normal African country with corrupt government and law enforcement but so far I don't see anything about genocide or civil wars... Not that those are the only things worth asylum.

That's what I'm getting too.  I did see some stuff about mistreatment, torture, and poor living conditions...but as far as developing countries go, it seems on the upper end of the spectrum.  Relatively speaking, of course.

I mean, I'm sure Britain is a step up.  But I wonder what would be stopping them from just...you know, moving there?  I mean, I know that it's expensive, etc, and it's not that easy.  But I mean more so why they're "seeking asylum" if that's indeed what they're doing.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hello-42?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f6080f79-441f-4fc9-bcb5-7d1ab7014694Post:13372af5-c8d4-4f9f-889b-745d8f10a0a9">Re: Hello?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh hey Moosh, the '96 Olympics?  Weeks before I started COLLEGE.
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah - summer before my senior year of HS.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards