Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

how do i arrange a sitter at the reception

we are having about 25 kids from 3-15 yrs old i want to get a sitter but i dont know where i could place them how does this work help??

Re: how do i arrange a sitter at the reception

• Options
    Are you asking where to put the kids/sitter, or where to find a sitter?

Like PPs said, a seperate room or area at the venue, with some coloring books, toys,videos, etc would be perfect to keep them occupied.

As for finding a sitter, contacting a local university is often good; college students studying education are always looking for extra cash! But like PPs said - many parents aren't willing to leave their kids with a sitter they haven't personally vetted (for understandable reasons).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    140 invited -- 118 are ready to party! -- 27 can't make it

• Options
    Simply FatedSimply Fated member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I agree with pps and I just want to add at by 12 years old I was a paid baby sitter, so if you're expecting to annex those 15 year olds to the "day care center" please reconsider. ETA: I was staying home by myself at 9 years old, so please consider that some kids, while still "kids" won't want to stay with the kids lol.
  • Options
    You're going to need more than one sitter for 25 kids.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_arrange-sitter-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fa783b26-0811-4d63-a285-82b0ad031a8bPost:e0a24344-fa46-4884-b23f-f0fff978a0e7">Re: how do i arrange a sitter at the reception</a>:
    [QUOTE]You're going to need more than one sitter for 25 kids.
    Posted by Viczaesar[/QUOTE]

<div>Especially with that wide of an age range.</div>
  • Options
    Surely you aren't expecting tweens/teens to go with a babysitter.  I think you will find that most parents will not leave their children with a complete stranger, no matter how qualified they are.

We had a bride back in the Summer post that no one used the sitter she provided and she spent a lot of money for nothing.  In hindsight she understood that the parents were not comfortable leaving their children with a stranger, not to mention the children did not want to be with a stranger.  She felt it was money wasted.
  • Options
    Keep in mind that you can't invite kids and then require them to go to a separate area with a sitter.  You could offer childcare if you have a lot of out of town guests with kids that you're not inviting to help out the parents (although, like PPs said, parents might not be comfortable with a stranger watching their kids), but don't invite the kids to the wedding and expect that they'll all go with the sitter.  
  • Options
    Grits8812Grits8812 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are going to require them to go to a sitter, why not just make it an adult only reception?  If I was around 9-15 I wouldn't want to be stuck with a sitter at a wedding, I would want to be part of it.

Not to mention you would need more than one for that many "kids".
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards