Wedding Etiquette Forum

Invitation Wording with Website RSVP

So we're doing the invite in paper, but that is about it.  Our church and reception location details are on our website, as is the RSVP.  Of course, 
we will still put the name and town of both locations, as well as time, etc, on the paper invites.

We've figured out the invitation wording, aside from how to nicely and casually direct people to the website for the RSVP and directions/additional information.  Help, please!
Anniversary

Re: Invitation Wording with Website RSVP

• If it were me I would put an insert.  it's just a little too much information to tack onto the bottom of the invitation
  • I designed our invitations and they were tri-fold and modern. Not your typical wedding invitation. We did the same thing that you are doing where we sent paper invitations but requested RSVP back on our wedding website. It was a non-issue. I did send a separate card for my grandmother and great uncle to mail back because I knew they did not have web access. We had a few non-responders but I think that's normal no matter what you do.

I will send you a Private Message with our layout / wording in case that's helpful.
  • Our had two pieces of paper. One was the invitation. The second was an "information" card that said

the Bride and Groom
    Hope that you can attend

Kindly Respond By
    October 22, 2011

More information about the Bride, the Groom,
    and the Wedding is also available online

We were orignally going to put it all on one page, but this made more sense and ended up looking a lot nicer.

Our wedding is in 2.5 weeks and had barely any problems with RSVPs. We made a few invitations that had a phone number on them to respond to as well for the older folks. We only had one or two people claim to have trouble with the site (definitely user error), but it all worked out fine. There will be people to call who didn't RSVP anyway, and I found that I had a much larger percentage of people RSVP to my wedding site than many of my paper-using friends.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks, ladies!  I think we will go with the separate card and an alternate phone number.
    Anniversary
  • Could you please share with me what wording you chose to direct people to the website as well? I am having trouble finding wording that flows well. 
  • Please don't open a thread that is 3 years old!  Ask your question on your own post, and we will be happy to answer it.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards