Etiquette

Hotels?

How much is too much? We just booked our wedding at a beautiful venue. They reccomended a hotel that they always work with and the best they can do with block pricing is $159. Now our wedding is a ways away for a lot of people and of course we do not want ANY drinking and driving and we do want everyone to have a great time. I personally feel that $159 is a lot, considering they most people will be spending a lot on gas and airfare to get here, oh and a gift. Any advice on other weddings about the going rate?

Re: Hotels?

• Wow thank you so much Litaris! Yeah that was not including a shuttle or anything. Sorry I am new to the knot! Not sure where to and where not to post things
  • lyndausvilyndausvi Western Slope, Colorado
    Moderator Knottie Warrior 10000 Comments 500 Love Its
    mod
    it really depends on the time of year, location and if there are special events going on that weekend.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Yeah, totally depends when/where. Our hotel block is for more than that, but with most Hotels in DC charging a premium with Cherry Blossom time, it's actually quite a bit cheaper than almost anywhere else in DC proper at the moment. Do some research and see what other hotels are charging.
    photo a826c490-726a-4824-af5c-d938878de228_zpseb85bb5a.jpg
  • Ditto the others. For some hotels that would normally charge $200+ a night, 159 would be a steal and a very good group rate. But like others have pointed out, you may be able to find better, cheaper options elsewhere nearby, so I would certainly ask around at other hotels. We live in a moderate cost of living city and our group rate was $99 a night which included a free breakfast in the morning. But down the street another hotel charged $129 a night for a group reduced rate. It varies so much.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards