New Jersey

Bretton Woods??? does cost include caterer?

Hello,

I want to start visiting venues and am looking to spend around $100pp all inclusive in northern NJ.  one of the places I had in mind was Bretton Woods in Morris Plains.  Does anyone know if thier prices include the cost of a caterer/food/alcohol?  any other suggestions for that price that can accomodate 130-150 people?

thanks!

Re: Bretton Woods??? does cost include caterer?

• I looked at Bretton Woods and LOVED it! Unfortunately, it was out of our budget which is the same as yours and we were FIRM on that. We were also stubborn on the fact that we wanted a Saturday in season, so maybe those things would bring them within budget for you, if you're flexible. I don't remember exactly the cost but I want to say it was closer to $130 pp and yes that was food/alcohol. Don't quote me on the price though. It's at home.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2012
    Yes, Bretton Woods provides food and drinks in their cost.  We visited there and were quoted around $100 for a Friday night in October.  We liked it but ultimately went with Ravello's in East Hanover.  I highly recommend them, they are in your price range and can easily accomodate 130-150.  We had 130 and were thrilled with the space, the food and the service.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• thanks so much for your feedback!!!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_bretton-woods-does-cost-include-caterer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:09c02bb6-e96a-40c3-af95-d773b31f0444Post:2c56436e-8cab-4b0d-b76c-0a8772797253">Re: Bretton Woods??? does cost include caterer?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I looked at Bretton Woods and LOVED it! Unfortunately, it was out of our budget which is the same as yours and we were FIRM on that. We were also stubborn on the fact that we wanted a Saturday in season, so maybe those things would bring them within budget for you, if you're flexible. I don't remember exactly the cost but I want to say it was closer to $130 pp and yes that was food/alcohol. Don't quote me on the price though. It's at home.
    Posted by lconoran[/QUOTE]
  • Bretton woods was close to $100 but the inside looks more like a funeral home than a wedding venue. Check it out beforehand! Ravellos is $99 pp for a Friday but the logistics of the place are off- you walk upstairs for the reception. To use the elevator you have to go outside. GL
  • jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_bretton-woods-does-cost-include-caterer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:09c02bb6-e96a-40c3-af95-d773b31f0444Post:4180f363-9c8c-468e-86e7-443055aa828b">Re: Bretton Woods??? does cost include caterer?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bretton woods was close to $100 but the inside looks more like a funeral home than a wedding venue. Check it out beforehand! Ravellos is $99 pp for a Friday but the logistics of the place are off- you walk upstairs for the reception. <strong>To use the elevator you have to go outside.</strong> GL
    Posted by Reilly626[/QUOTE]

NOT TRUE!  The elevator has stops on the ground floor, the first floor, and the second floor.  It couldn't be more easy and accessible.  I just got married there in November.  It was a fantastic experience from start to finish.

Reilly, it might have been like that back when you visited, but I can assure you from personal experience, it is not the case now.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards