New Jersey

Park Savoy Brides (Past and Present)

Hi! After thinking we were going to book Florentine Gardens, we have now decided on The Park Savoy! They are going to email us our contract to look over tomorrow.

Just a few questions in the meantime...

1. Did you have your ceremony there? If so, did you get ready in the bridal suite? The man we talked to said we could arrive at anytime we wanted to get ready, but I wanted to see how true this was.

2. How was your wedding? Reviews?

I'm so excited! :) Thank you for any feedback!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Park Savoy Brides (Past and Present)

• In Response to Park Savoy Brides (Past and Present):

Congrats! I will be getting married at the Park Savoy in July. I plan on having the ceremony there as well.... fingers crossed for beautiful weather so we can take advantage of the gorgeous outside space!

I have heard great things from other brides, but I will let you know!

As for the bridal suite- we told something slightly different. Since ours is a Saturday night wedding, chances are very high that there will be a Saturday afternoon wedding the same day. In order to avoid the two wedding parties seeing each other and losing that whole 'one wedding at a time' feel, we were told that the earliest we can arrive to get ready and utilize the bridal suite and gardens is at 5:00. This creates a serious time crunch since our cermony is at 6:30 and we plan on doing photos before the ceremony. Because I want to leave at least an hour for photos and then a few minutes to freshen up and settle nerves before the ceremony, we will be getting ready at my parents house and then arriving at the Park Savoy for exactly 5:00.

I'm sure this all depends on the time of your cermony, afternoon vs. night, and if there is a wedding before or after you- but I would definitely ask for more specifics from Sam or your contact there.

I hope this helps!!!
  • My future sister in law got married there in 2008, before renovations.

She did not get married on site.

As a guest, I really enjoyed it. It was an August afternoon, and the evening reception canceled like, the week of her event. So, it probably went a tad bit longer than it originally "should" have since there was no one else coming in for the evening.  Cocktail hour food was outstanding.  Weather was nice (and not too hot) so she was able to take pictures on the grounds - and the grounds are very pretty. 

I know her only complaint about the entire day was her cake - she purchased a decoration that had pink and the cake icing was to match some of the topper's pink - and the cake had white icing instead, making the entire cake white with a faux pink-ish topper. 

Wasn't a big deal to me as a guest, but I remember her rolling her eyes and being pretty bummed (in a "Seriously!?!" kind of manner).

Hearing from her experiences - you've made a great choice and will enjoy it a lot!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Congrats! I am getting married there in less then two months.
    I am allowed to come to the Venue at 3 pm since there is no events in the afternoon.

You are going to really love it there. They continue to add things and I've heard they have plans to renovate the house that is on the property next to the main house into something maybe a grooms suite, but they aren't sure just yet.

I can't speak from my wedding just yet, but thus far the whole planning experience has been extremely pleasant and I've heard nothing but wonderful things from form PS brides.

Feel free to message me with any additional questions.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Such a small world! We were leaning towards Pleasantdale Chateau, and then after going to Florentine twice we were about to book with them until at last minute my sister told us to check out Park Savoy because of the renovations.  We are having a winter wedding there & are soo excited!

I stopped in last week to show some of my family and they are seriously the nicest people and so warm.  So happy we went there on a whim!

• In Response to Re: Park Savoy Brides (Past and Present):
    Posted by SewInLoveWithDMB[/QUOTE]

I think they used to do cakes in house, but now they give you the option of 2 or 3 bakeries in the area to go to. I am pretty sure I'll be getting ours from Palermo's. Hopefully that solves the cake issue!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_park-savoy-brides-past-and-present?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:0fa54ffe-cf1c-450a-ad7a-63b677e14582Post:72ef9359-a963-4079-bc29-d3dca2409f60">Re: Park Savoy Brides (Past and Present)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Park Savoy Brides (Past and Present) : Posted by SewInLoveWithDMB[/QUOTE] I think they used to do cakes in house, but now they give you the option of 2 or 3 bakeries in the area to go to. I am pretty sure I'll be getting ours from Palermo's. Hopefully that solves the cake issue!
    Posted by krichards0527[/QUOTE]

<div>Just wanted to give a heads up - it's so minor, but it bothered her.  :)</div>
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• My coworker's daughter got married there last Saturday and my other coworker got married there two weeks' ago and both had their ceremonies there.  I will ask both of them about the bridal suite... they both said it was a fantastic event... amazing food, service and venue.  I don't think you can go wrong! 
  • Hi! We are doing a Saturday afternoon wedding this April and ceremony on-site at 11:30. Fingers crossed for a freakishly warm April like we had this past year, otherwise the ceremony may need to be inside. I haven't worked out the details yet but I think we will be able to start getting ready in the bridal suite fairly early. I'm thinking we'll probably need to get there by 7:30 am for hair and makeup and then pictures before the ceremony. The one plus is that I think we'll get more use of the place since we can get there early, as opposed to an evening wedding where according to krichards above it seems the earliest you might be able to get there is 5:00. I just hope they don't rush us out too much at the end to get ready for the evening wedding!
    Valerie512
  • I'll be getting married there April 2014... its a thursday but i dont care love the venue
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards