North Carolina

Maggiano's at Southpoint in Durham

Hello Ladies,

Has anyone had their reception at Maggiano's in Durham (or been to one there) who can tell me about it?

I'd like to know how much per person it averages. I'm open to plated or buffet and prefer to have at least wine, beer, and soda, if not a full open bar. 

Thanks!

Re: Maggiano's at Southpoint in Durham

• NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I dont know anyone personally that's had a reception there, but I've heard rumors that is an awesome place :o)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    i know i'm probably am the only person in the world that hates their food.  not sure why but it is what it is.  as a side note i think amedeos in raleigh is the best italian.  they don't do weddings however.
  • NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_maggianos-southpoint-durham?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:13c40f8d-c948-45b1-a4b1-71abda5d3045Post:9df04c33-83bc-4c12-a801-ee038607905f">Re: Maggiano's at Southpoint in Durham</a>:
    [QUOTE]i know i'm probably am the only person in the world that hates their food.  not sure why but it is what it is.  as a side note i think amedeos in raleigh is the best italian.  they don't do weddings however.
    Posted by andrea01012009[/QUOTE]

Alrighty, Im  going to have to agree with Andrea here. Amedo's is AMAZING! When I used to live closer to campus, we would always get our pizza from them and I loved going there to eat. And IMO they're not badly priced either.

As she said though, I don't believe they do weddings. I know they'll do like buisness lunches and close off part of the resturant for you (the company I worked for did this for Christmas a couple times).

Thanks, Andrea, now I want Amedos and it's freaking 45 mins from here . .ugh
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    i know i love amedeos seafood lasgnana.  amedeos would be a great place for a rehearsal dinner.  would fit nicely. 
  • maureenk26maureenk26 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Okay, well, do you ladies know of any restaurants to recommend which can be rented out similarly?  I know that Cafe Luna does on Saturday during the day and all day Sunday, but I cannot get married in my church at a time that would work for either of those windows.

Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    What about 518 West? Meredith had her Rehearsal Dinner there and the food was good and it had a nice ambiance.

How many people are you expecting?
  • tarheelbabstarheelbabs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just ate dinner at Maggiano's tonight--it was really good. Then visited the really wonderful new Crate and Barrel. If you haven't been there yet, it's awesome.  Truly! 

Back on topic, both Caffe Luna and Amedeo's cater. I know both the owners.  Both really nice guys and I've been to events they've catered offsite, as well as at their restaurants.  Amedeo's has great food, but definitely has a more casual feel. Caffe Luna is a bit more uptown.  The food at both is great, but each definitely has its own distinct character.  It's definitely worth a visit to each place to talk to the owners to see how they could work with you and where.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards