North Carolina
Options

***meredithl618***

I just saw the White Threads website that featured your wedding - congrats!! It was beautiful and I really loved your table of wedding pictures. I plan on doing something similar but am not sure yet how I will display them.

Anyway - I had a question. Did you make the wreaths for the door of the chapel or did you have them made by the florist? I love that idea and want to try to make my own!
June 2011 Siggy Challenge "Can't Live Without It" Snack
Breyers Mint Chocolate Chip
Lucky I'm in love with my best friend!
June 4, 2011 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: ***meredithl618***

• Options
    meredithl618meredithl618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hi! Thanks :)

I made the wreaths myself. It was really easy and a fun DIY project.  I bought 18" grapevine wreaths from a craft store for like $5 each and then bought a ton of silk peonies and attached them with floral wire/tape. The flowers are the most expensive part, but I found the peonies on sale for 50 cents per stem at AC Moore, which was a great bargain compared to $3 each. So, I bought like 40 of them, so there would be plenty on each wreath.  I painted two wooden letters white, and tied them to the top of the wreaths so the letter was in the middle.  Then, I used silver ribbon to hang them from the doors. posted a little bit of info about these in my blog when I was making them:

ps. they turned out so much cheaper than a wreath from a florist. I can't even imagine what a florist would charge for the same thing, because it really takes a lot of flowers to cover a wreath.  So, even though I'm not the biggest fan of silk flowers, I thought they did a good job for this project. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Awesome! Thanks and I will now be on the look out for silk flowers on sale so I can make something similar. Our chapel is so big that decorations inside get easily lost. I wanted some sort of decorations and someone suggested wreaths outside!
    June 2011 Siggy Challenge "Can't Live Without It" Snack
    Breyers Mint Chocolate Chip
    Lucky I'm in love with my best friend!
    June 4, 2011 Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards