New Jersey
Options

Photo shoot in the rain?

Did any of you have engagement/wedding pictures in the rain?  I have an e-session scheduled at 6pm but I'm worried about the thunderstorms.  Should I cancel?

Re: Photo shoot in the rain?

• Options
    Kelly&TimothyKelly&Timothy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i would get in touch with the photog as soon as you can and see if they are still able to outisde in the rain and want to be outside (since its only e pics not a wedding). maybe they can reschedule or they have studio space for inside pics.   
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't have my shoot in the rain, but I've seen a couple people where the pictures still came out great. Def. call the photographer for their opinion. Future Mrs. Rickels might have been in the rain, I think.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We've shot plenty of wedding photos (like yesterday) in the rain...  we tend to reschedule engagement photos, only because we have the luxury.Personally, (as long as the temperature isn't cold and the rains aren't really heavy where I'm worried about my equipment), I think rain is nice.The light tends to be nice and even.  And if you go in with the right frame of mind, you can use the water element...  stomp in puddles, reflections in the water, funky umbrellas and rain boots, get all wet and romantic, etc etc etc.That said, most people have a preconceived notion of what the shoot should be (and I don't blame them for that at all) and choose to go the traditional route.  Rain does make it harder to sit/lean on surfaces and walk through grass.  It can be uncomfortable.  Sessions might be shorter...  Depends upon your personality and the personality of your photographer.Give them a call.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've seen lots of of great e-pics taken in the rain. I think if it's not real heavy rain I would still do the shoot. Actually some rain would have been nice when we took ours since it was a million degrees. I think pp is right mrsrickels took her e-pics in the rain. Her siggy pic looks really cute with them kissing under the umbrella.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Probably too late now but I did do mine in the rain as Jaime said.  They came out really cute.  PIB.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards