Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

What song can my friend sing?

I want my friend to sing a song while FI and I are lighting our unity candle, but I have no idea what. What songs are you all using? My friend has a great range, she can sing low or high, but she's a bit more comfortable singing lower. Thanks for your suggestions!

Re: What song can my friend sing?

• We are doing unity stuff to Chris Tomlin's version of "Take my Life" as a religous aspect of our ceremony.  If you need a great worship song, this one is awesome.
  • I went to a wedding where they sang "God Bless the Broken Road" by Rascal Flats. It was so pretty!
  • Have you asked your friend for some suggestions? Surely she already has a "repetoire" of songs she does well, of which would be appropriate. Or if you are using an organist or pianist, always ask them well in advance for suggestions. They have done many weddings, and may or may not be willing to learn something new. You want them doing songs that they do well, not something they just learned and have not fine tuned it yet. If you are asking for suggestions, I like the more traditional stuff, like: The Prayer You raise me up Joyful Joyful Panis Angelicus Ave Maria Or there is something very sweet and simple about "The Wedding Song" (There is Love).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards