North Carolina

Please suggest your hair and make up person!

I'm having the hardest time finding someone to do my hair and make up (as well as my girls if they choose) that doesn't cost a million dollars. Some of them are seriously ridiculous! I had found someone I had wanted to use, but she was already booked. I would love your recommendations! 

The cheapest I've found is 
$200 for bridals - hair and make up
$200 for wedding day - hair and make up

$150 for bridesmaids - hair and make up
$100 for bridesmaids - hair OR make up

Plus $100 for on location.

Help, please!

Re: Please suggest your hair and make up person!

• edited January 2012
    I go to eSTee Salon as my regular salon.  They are located on Six Forks road.  I haven't talked to them about doing my makeup/hair yet.  My wedding isn't until September.  They seem to be reasonably priced and the brides I've seen leaving the salon look beautiful.  HTH!

http://www.esteesalon.com/bridal.htm

ETA:  I use Gabby, she does a great job!
    image180 image85 image8 Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • It doesn't really matter what area. I'm in Raleigh, but I'm going to pay for them to be on location, so it doesn't really matter if they're from Raleigh, Charlotte, etc.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_please-suggest-hair-up-person?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:190fbdcb-89a8-4446-b924-1902f6f311edPost:a8ca0561-b167-4bf4-bedb-73138a0c8455">Re: Please suggest your hair and make up person!</a>:
    [QUOTE]It doesn't really matter what area. I'm in Raleigh, but I'm going to pay for them to be on location, so it doesn't really matter if they're from Raleigh, Charlotte, etc.
    Posted by kelsey+brandon[/QUOTE]

Well yeah, it does.  If I have a great hair stylist in Greensboro who doesn't travel, it won't help you.  If you were in Greensboro and happened to be getting married a block away from the shop, it would.  Or if I'm in Charlotte and know a great MUA who only travels within 1.5 hours of the city, still not helpful.
  • Well, since I answered your question previously that I'm in Raleigh...do you have any suggestions?
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_please-suggest-hair-up-person?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:115Discussion:190fbdcb-89a8-4446-b924-1902f6f311edPost:8fa0bc2d-bcc3-4a44-b765-38c50bb806da">Re: Please suggest your hair and make up person!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please suggest your hair and make up person! : Well yeah, it does.  <strong>If I have a great hair stylist in Greensboro who doesn't travel, it won't help you.</strong>  If you were in Greensboro and happened to be getting married a block away from the shop, it would.  Or if I'm in Charlotte and know a great MUA who only travels within 1.5 hours of the city, still not helpful.
    Posted by pirategal03[/QUOTE]

If you would have read OP's post you would have known that she needed someone who traveled....  Plus she tells you where she is from, no need to be snarky.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    June 2012 April Siggy Challenge: Rings
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I have forgotten her name...either Rachel or Rebecca.  Call the salon I used to go to in Raleigh "Image by Design" (919) 676-8330 and ask if they can give you the name of a girl who does on location wedding hair/make up.  She used to work there.  I wanted to use her but she will be out of town on my wedding day.  I believe her make up prices are $45 and updos are $85 with only a small charge to come to you (no charge if bridal party members are having services).  Hope this helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_please-suggest-hair-up-person?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:190fbdcb-89a8-4446-b924-1902f6f311edPost:7a1bf44f-bf7a-4c58-a517-188489efa446">Re: Please suggest your hair and make up person!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please suggest your hair and make up person! : If you would have read OP's post you would have known that she needed someone who traveled....  Plus she tells you where she is from, no need to be snarky.
    Posted by laurabub[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I read it as she said that +$100 for travel was the cheapest she'd found.  Not that she required travel.</div><div>
    </div><div>And no, OP, sorry.  I don't have a suggestion for someone who will come to your location. 

</div>
  • Ginger Mullins.. her prices are great! She has been in the business for almost 20years and her husband is in the wedding business as well. I am going for a trial soon for my May wedding.

• Makeup for your Day!! Kelsy, they are amazing! I just got married in raleigh in December and they traveled to our location and did the hair and makeup for 2BM, me, MOB, MOG, and 2 aunts. They did a fabulous job...highly recommend. It depends on the package that you get as to the cost.
    Jennifer House
    www.makeupforyourday.com
    Makeup Artist / Hair Stylist / Owner
    O: 1.877.588.7451 x703
    C: 919.262.6754
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hey Kelsey--I used Jennifer House at Makeup for your day, also. She's not inexpensive, but she's great and lovely to work with. Her assistant was equally talented--and nice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards