Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

program question

We will be tight on time after ceremony to take photos before sunset.  I know my family and they will want to linger and watch and take up precious time instead of walking 100 feet to the cocktail hour.  Did any of you put anything into your programs, like "Please go directly to the cocktail hour after the recessional" or something like that, a more tactful way to word it so bridal party can take photos in peace?  TIA!

Re: program question

• Options
    I would say something like, "Directly after the ceremony, cocktails will be provided in the blah-blah room." Then have someone in charge of getting the guests over where they need to be.

bram ticker Elliott Ticker

• Options
    We're actually doing the opposite:  having them all stick around so the photographer can get formals of all of them.
  • Options
    We decided to have our receiving line at the beginning of the reception as people were walking into the reception room.  We wanted to do pictures right after the ceremony because of sunlight.  After we walked back down the aisle the minister made an announcement to enjoy the appetizers and the grounds and galleries of the museum where the wedding was.  She then said that we would be greeting the guests at the reception.  That worked pretty well.  Very few people stuck around to watch pictures. 
  • Options
    Yes, the program basically listed : Bride and Groom Parents of bride and groom Wedding party Officiant Reader Musician Prelude Processional Ceremony (it was a mass, and listed things in order) Recessional Cocktail Hour Guests are invited to have appetizers and cocktails in the reception hall while the wedding party takes photos. Introduction of the bride and groom Blessing of the meal Dinner and dancing (We had a buffet meal and combined the receiving line with the buffet line)
  • Options
    You can also have the minister or officiant make an announcement at the end of the ceremony. Usually just after he "introduces" the new couple to the guests, before the closing prayer (if you have one) and the recessional.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! great ideas!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards