New Jersey

"Last Minute" Invites

How did you go about this?What did you say?Did you forget about the RSVP card with these guests?TIA
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: "Last Minute" Invites

• edited December 2011
    We ended up inviting a few of my brother and sister's friends at the end (we were a few away from the min, and knew they wouldn't be insulted). We were honest and said that we'd love it if they could come party and celebrate with us. We know it's short notice, but a lot of our family from Florida who we were obligated to invite couldn't make it. I think you just have to know who you can say that to. There would be some people that might be insulted
  • edited December 2011
    I actually invited one couple via FB chat. I sent them an invite in the mail the day after, so they had the actual info. Minus the RSVP card b/c I already had an answer.
  • edited December 2011
    Last summer I got a phone call from a girl I went to college with. We hung out in the same circle but were never really close friends, she said that she had been very conservative with her guest list and had to cut a lot of people that she originally wanted to invite but had some room left and was wondering if MH (FI at the time) and I wanted to go. This was 4 weeks before the wedding, I said yes, she sent us an invite with the "past due" RSVP card. Personally, I wasn't insulted cause I understand the situation of having a budget, but also having a minimum to meet, however I know not everyone would feel that way.We went and had a good time, however, we did not invite them to our wedding because of the same scenario... they weren't originally on our guest list and we easily met our minimum, but just made it under our budget, so we really didn't have the wiggle room.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • alliecarrie41alliecarrie41 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i did not have a B-list or any last minute invites.  i am on the boat that if you weren't an A-listed to begin with, you shouldn't be invited. 
  • alliecarrie41alliecarrie41 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    (DH & I were B-listed once for an old college friend's wedding and were both turned off and did not attend)
  • edited December 2011
    I think you have to be really sure this person won't be insulted. I, like alliecarrie, have been and was insulted. Not only that but I had a friend call me and ask if my mom, sister, brother, and three of our friends would like to come- she left the phone calls to me because we were closer. Everyone was insulted and mom insisted she was only after the gift.
  • MyeMye
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i sent out about 15 invites with a diff RSVP date, most of the people had no idea they were b-listed, and the ones that were I didnt care, one my co-workers that knew she was b-listed I told her that i had a lot of no's and that i wanted to invite her, but didnt have the room before, and told her i would love it if she could come
  • edited December 2011
    Yup, just make sure they won't be insulted.  We did this with some friends and they completely understood.  We weren't that close with them when making the guest list, then hit our number, once some family said no we apologized and handed them the invite without the rsvp.It's all a matter of who they are, how close they are, and how you think they'll take it.
  • edited December 2011
    Agree with pp...just make sure they are the type of ppl that won't be insulted. We just either emailed or called and said "hey we would really love for you to come to the wedding...do you think you can make it" if they said yes (which it was only 3 people & they did say yes) we just sent the invite out the next day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards