North Carolina

Wedding checks - I'm super excited

Hi,  I've been a lurker and have posted here and there.  I haven't really gotten into the planning stage until last weekend.  We put the deposit down on our ceremony/reception site.  Now that we have a place, it seems more "real."  I'm so happy to get the place. It's exactly what I want for my big day.
Today I went to a few jewelry stores to see about getting an old ring I have reset to be my wedding band.  I just was planning on getting some ideas on prices and options.  The first store I went to gave me a very snotty - not interested.  Then I went to Jared's and the woman that helped me was super nice.  She worked up a price of a custom ring.  Then for comparisons I looked at bands.  I tried 2 on and fell in love with the 2nd one.  It was a great price and fit perfectly. The only thing is that it's one that they are not carrying anymore and when it's gone, its gone. It's an eternity band and works with my unique engagement ring.  I was actually hanging out with my dad when I was looking.  I called my fi to get his opinion and text him a picture.  He said it was nice and if I really liked it, to get it.  So I bought it.  The only sad thing is that I have to wait a year to wear it. My fi said it will be out of the box a lot before our wedding day.  lol  He knows me well. :)
I'm super excited about having something big done.  I'm finally getting excited about planning instead of feeling directionless.Next is finding the officiant and then dress shopping.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding checks - I'm super excited

• edited December 2011
    Good for you!  Checks are always a plus!  Where are you getting married?

Leigh Anne & Billy
    *October 2nd, 2010*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Having the location does make it feel "real".  It's great to have that date set! Congrats.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks.  We are getting married at a place called Magnolia on Worth here in Asheboro.  We love the second floor with its exposed brick.  It's got an outdoor feel to it and I wanted to get married outside but don't want to have to worry about the weather.  They provide the table linens and decorations.  They are also doing the catering so we don't have to worry about anything, which I love.  We can do extra decorating if we want to.  And the best part is its right up the street from our house.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Beth0882Beth0882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!  I also love Jareds which is really surprising because we mute the TV when their commercials come on :)  FI threatened me and told me I was never allowed to say "He went to Jared" after I found out that is where my e-ring was from!
  • edited December 2011
    congrats on checks and welcome!
    image122 Made the list!
    image 89 Are ready to party!
    image 11 Will be missing out!
    image 22 Can't find the mailbox!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CJ4578CJ4578 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on checks! Don't worry, that year will fly by! :)
    -- C
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited December 2011
    Thanks Everyone.
    Beth - I saw the post where you talked about getting your ring from them and that's part of the reason I went there.  LOL  I thought about their commercial on the way over there. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards