North Carolina
Options

Colonel Francis Beatty Park

Hi everyone! I am on a tight budget for my wedding (planning to spend $6,000 or less) and I am looking into parks and recs for budget-friendly venues. Has anyone had or attended a wedding at Colonel Francis Beatty park in Mattews, NC?  Do you know if there is enough room for a dance floor if 100 people were seated?

Re: Colonel Francis Beatty Park

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Hi,

I think that may work.  I think the person that gave me a tour indicated that I could fit my 120 people seated and there'd be room for dancing.  Just know that you probably don't want to go over 100 as the space is truly capable of 120 and no more.  

I'll look for my layout sheet to double check on that dance floor arrangement and get back to you.
  • Options
    Thank you so much!
  • Options
    I'm just down the road from there...would love to give you a quote and help keep your budget tight.  If you dont allready have a florist, please give me a look! Thanks

• Options
    I'd like to see it to please. That is one of our options also! I think the waterfront area looks small but I didn't see it with chairs set up.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I apologize ladies, but I couldn't find the layout. 

FYI the waterfront area is kind of small.  Here's a photo with the chairs set up.  (http://www.loveandlavender.com/2011/03/jeremy-and-anastasias-wedding/) However when we viewed the site, we quickly realized that they had a small aisle to get as many chairs as they did.  We were having to think creatively to figure out how to get 120 people out there.  You'll need to put chairs on the grass and it's not quite even.  It can definitely fit 80-90 without a problem.

But it is still a very great place.  Just best for reception only or for a guest list that's 100 or below.

Shalonda
  • Options
    I toured it about three monthes ago it does have room for a dance floor howevever the actual ceremony section that is water front is a very small area. Just like the earlier post it is not enough room for the ceremony but yeas the reception.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards