North Carolina

Triad (W-S) makeup and hair

Ooookay, so today's big to-do is find a great hair/makeup artist.  There aren't any for Winston/Triad on the NC Bride Bio.

I have a hairstylist that I love, but she's only one person, and for her to take care of me and my whole bridal party would be ridiculous. Not to mention we'd be on our own for makeup.

Who are y'all using? How are prices? 

Oh yeah- did any of you schedule a consultation/practice run for your bridal portraits??

So many questions. Sigh!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Triad (W-S) makeup and hair

• uneek1323uneek1323 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    My make up/hair person is in Apex. That's probably too far for you. She's charging $100 for hair and $75 for make up plus she's traveling to my venue. I didn't do bridal portraits, but she did a trial for my engagement photos.

More importantly, we have the same wedding date! Yay! 94 days to go!
    **TTCAL** A little Irish cuteness- Cillian Murphy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 since December 2011
    Dx: Hypothyroidism, PCOS, one test away from confirming DOR
    BFP #1 1/16/12 EDD 9/16/12 m/c 1/26/12 }Sweet Pea{
    BFP #2 10/18/12 EDD 6/29/13 cp 10/24/12 }Bug{
    BFP #3 11/22/12 EDD 8/1/13 m/c 12/7/12 }Turkey{
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mah Chart * Mah Literary Blog * Mah Other Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    ~*~Everyone is welcome~*~
  • edited December 2011
    Hey rooms! I got my makeup done at Clinique at Hanes Mall for my engagement pics and they did a good job. My sister got her makeup done there for her wedding (and all of the bridal party too).

I go to Bronda Simmons for hair in winston...she did my hair for proms way back in the day and has been doing my hair since. I'm not sure how much she charges for up does but her number is (336) 657-2129--cell and (336) 774-7004--work. It's at the Thurston House Salon off Stratford road. They also have makeup/nails.

Hope that helps! Can't wait!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Could your normal girl ask around at the salon where she works and recruit another person to be there so they could together do everyone's hair?  That's what we did and it worked well. 
  • Beth0882Beth0882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I guess it depends on how much time you have for hair and how many people in your WP.  My hairstylist came to our venue at 10:30 and did my hair, 5 bridesmaids, my mom, and my aunt (8 people) by 2 pm.  Yes, thats a long time, but because we were at the venue which we had all day, it gave me time to get in, set ome stuff up and relax and not feel like we were running around.  My mom bought a big chefs salad and some other snacks for our lunch, and it was a nice start to the day.  We used the esthetician from her salon to do makeup.

I would DEFINETELY do a trial run on your hair and makeup with whoever you choose, if you can afford it, especially if its with someone you have never used before.  There would be nothing worse than having a picture in your head about what you want your hair/mu to look like, and the person you hire not having the same picture. 

As for makeup--Merle Normans does wedding makeup.  The prices differ based on how many people you have, if they come out to your site (for 9 people it was going to be about $50/person), but its $35 if you go in to one of their stores to get it done -- waived if you buy products, I think.  Updos is another company that will come to you to do hair and makeup, and prices are reasonable. 
  • pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dito Beth on the trial run.  I did mine 3 days before the wedding, it gave her a chance to play around with the idea and my hair before it really counted.  And it wasn't so early that she'd forgotten by the time the wedding rolled around.  I didn't do bridals though, if I had, I'd have probably tried to book those the same day. 

And I did my own makeup, so I'm no help there. 
  • edited December 2011
    I'm going to have my hair stylist do my hair. Not sure how much she charges but she is really up to date on the latest styles and so are the other people that work in her salon. Her name is Tiffany Black and the number is 336-969-0119. She works at Hair Stuidos in Rural Hall.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards