New Jersey
Options

Poll: Black shoes w/ivory wedding dress

Would it look bad if I wore a pair of black sandals with my ivory wedding dress? I've seen wedding photos where the bride has worn different color shoes like purple, red, pink, etc. and I think its a great idea since you may be able to wear the shoes again. But black?? What do you think? Has anyone ever seen pictures of this done?

Re: Poll: Black shoes w/ivory wedding dress

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think black will look fine...as long as they're cute and not drab looking. If that makes sense.  Do you have black in other aspects of your wedding to tie them in?
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I think it would look bad. Different colors work because it's obvious that it's an intentional pop of color, and usually coordinates with the BMs' dress or some other element of the decor. Even though black could be one of your colors, I think it would just look odd and be too much of a contrast, unless you had a black sash or black crinoline or something to tie it together.
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't seen this done, but Vera Wang had a bunch of ivory dresses with black accents (such as sashes) when I was dress shopping.  That in particular wasn't my thing for my wedding, but the colors looked nice together.  Shoes I think would be easier to pull off.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    seems odd for for a female to wear black at a wedding
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My initial reaction is no I don't think it would look good. But I think it was kimtim who posted pics of her day after session and her dress was fabulous and had a black sash. I could see wearing a pair of black shoes with that dress. So I guess it really depends on the dress.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you have a picture of your dress? and any shoes you're considering?
    ~Chelsea~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    SinthyaSinthya member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ditto Melissa. Unless the dress has some black detail, I am not a fan
  • Options
    MisoHappyMisoHappy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really don't have any black wedding details. Maybe I should stick to an actual color. I don't have a picture of my dress yet but here are the shoes: http://tinyurl.com/yajlldb
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just saw these come in gold and I do have gold details in my wedding. How do you feel about those in gold?
  • Options
    SinthyaSinthya member
    edited December 2011
    gold yes. I actually wore silver with my dress, and I believe Upper East wore gold.
  • Options
    SinthyaSinthya member
    edited December 2011
    oh, and thats a really nice shoe BTW!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really don't know why I didn't think of that sooner. What a spaz!  Thanks ladies!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    woah! sorry for the big picture. eh - not a fan of those as bridal shoes I don't think. I guess I have to agree with the other girls that if you had a black sash or something it would look cute, but otherwise, I would stick with a different color.
    ~Chelsea~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, Sin!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Clarifcation - I like that shoe, but would do it in the silver or gold. I meant I didn't like the black as a bridal shoe.
    ~Chelsea~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gotcha. I totally agree now that I thought about it. Black really doesn't tie in to the wedding at all. Gold we can make work! I just love the idea of having a pop of color as a little "surprise" under the dress. LOL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cute shoe.  If you like the shape/style of the shoe, Famous Footwear has a pair that is almost identical.  By Nina, if I remember.  They are in silver and gold (I think).
    Holly & Brendan
    Wedding date 10/8/10
    EDD 5/9/13 Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    One of our June brides did amazing black louboutins.  Her dress had a black sash though...  I'm happy to send a photo if it helps.I think these days you can get away with anything.  I agree with a lot of the pp's that a black accent would tie it together better, but I don't know that not having a black sash would rule out black shoes.  Try 'em on with the dress.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Brooke- I'd love see a pictureStephanieR0981@yahoo.comThanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sent!  :)  Hope it helps.
  • Options
    alliecarrie41alliecarrie41 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    totally not a fan, sorry.
  • Options
    dianenjnjdianenjnj member
    edited December 2011
    ooooh, no i don't think black would work.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards