New Jersey
Options

VENT: Should I assume...

this florist I met with isn't interested in doing my wedding?  I met her over 2 weeks ago for my centerpiece mock-up and gave her a few changes to make. Then she emailed me a few days later saying she would be writing up the final proposal that day and have to it me that night. A week later...still didn't get it. I emailed her like "I'd like to make a decision soon, have you finished the proposal?". She wrote back she's been busy with weddings. It's been another week and a half and still nothing. I'm pretty sure I'm just going to kick her to the curb at this point. Agree?

Re: VENT: Should I assume...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    my florist takes forever to get back to me...another friend of mine is getting married (different florist but same thing).IMO i want them to be busy with weddings...but if she is REALLY not responsive maybe move elsewhere.  Or email her and tell her you are feeling concerned with her lack of answering and you are considering looking elsewhere.That'll get her moving
  • Options
    MisoHappyMisoHappy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hear ya. This happend the first time I met with her too. She said she would have the proposal in a few days and I waited 2 weeks (I called her after the first week). I just feel like if she's not responding now...what will she be like AFTER I give her my money?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    that's a good point...if you have not even signed with her, you would think she might work a little harder to get your business.Maybe don't kick her to the curb just yet, since you have not signed anything, start talking to another florist or 2...if they are better, then get rid of her.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This is my biggest pet peeve with vendors. When I'm busy at work, guess what I still need to get all my stuff done on time! Personally I would move on. Or at least start looking at other florist so you're not stuck trying to find someone last minute if she really doesn't follow through. I actually just had a vendor call me tonight to follow up with me. She was like you were in here in May just calling to follow up and see how your plans are coming. Ummm...it's been 4 months and my wedding is in 2. I've already ordered my invitations from somebody else.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually really liked her and the centerpiece she made up but I guess I'm a little turned off. I did make 2 other appointments with other florists like you said and I guess I'll wait to see what she ends up sending me (if she ever does). lol. Thanks BrideMaid ;)
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Seabass- It's so funny how this woman takes 2 weeks to get back to me but another florist I met with called me every other day to see if I made a decision. That annoyed me too tho. I guess I just need a happy-medium. If you say you are going to have the proposal for me by X time....get it to me. If you need more time, then give me the courtesy of telling me. It's not rocket science.
  • Options
    acablitasacablitas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree about the happy medium.  Don't call enough means you don't want my business.  Call too much means you're too desperate for my business. heheI met with one florist in person and she is great!  We've only emailed less than a handful of times.  The other florist I met "virtually" since they're based in NYC, and she didn't want to have two meetings.  Thought it would be best to have a run through in October.  But why would I have a run through if I didn't agree to your proposal?I think we're going with Florist #1, but we haven't decided 100% yet.
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know why you'd even consider still giving her your business. There are other vendors out there who will at least pretend to be attentive before they get a contract. What is this person going to be like after you've signed on the dotted line?!!?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Agreed. Need that happy medium. I would move on and find another one. I've had to look for another florist and am relying on e-mail for quotes. I have had one florist who said they'd get the quote to me that day but then emailed me three times already saying oh I've been busy with weddings Jewish holidays but do you still want your quote? Not holding my breath for that one. Another florist I wanted to book called me religiously every 2-3 days asking if I sent her 50% for the deposit yet. No I haven't and i probably won't because you're annoying as hell. Apparently 3 people have requested my date so far. I hope he books one of them soon and stops calling me!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wannna know who the florist is!  So other people know that she's not attentive!
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards