North Carolina
Options

Kress Terrace in Greensboro

I'm trying to get some feedback on the Kress Terrace. It's number one on my list of venues b/c it's rooftop. My fiancé and I did a tour and we are ready to sign the contract. But we just realize that it's going to be a difficult transition  b/c we were trying to have the ceremony and reception there. I would love to find out how other bride’s utilize this space for an easy transition from ceremony to reception.

Also I would love to hear what other venues around the area that we might be able to do the ceremony at, we are going for a modern theme.

Re: Kress Terrace in Greensboro

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You could definitely rent out Center City Park and have the ceremony there. 

• Options
    alliegator8alliegator8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend got married there. Her ceremony was on the outdoor roof under the tent they set up for the dance floor. Ot was nicely done and we had a great time.
  • Options
    onlyncsuonlyncsu member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I photographed a wedding there a couple of months ago. They held the ceremony outside on the roof, went inside for the cocktail hour and then back outside for the reception. That hour gave the staff enough time to flip the room. Trust the staff -- they know what they're doing and how to do it efficiently. It is an AWESOME location!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was at a wedding this summer at Kress Terrace. They had the ceremony on the outside followed by the cocktail hour outside on the opposite side from the ceremony (by the doors) while they took pictures.  When then went inside for dinner.  During dinner the ceremony setup was taken down and the dance floor added.

Two suggestions for the site however:
    Be careful about time of day/year.  The wedding I went to was in July at 6pm and the sun was beating down during the ceremony.  After the sun went down it was fine, but at first everyone was sweltering.

Second, I would put a sign at the street entrance indicating the wedding and how to get to it.  I was not familar with Greensboro and did not realize I had to park in the attached parking deck to reach the rooftop.  Other guests also had trouble figuring out how to get to the roof.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards