New Jersey
Options

where are the trick or treaters?

So I'm home... obviously. My first halloween in the house we own and I wanted to skip on giving candy but FI said our "new neighbors will think we're crabby." So I got the candy and I'm sitting here and have seen.... ZERO trick or treaters! 3 bags of candy to myself!!

Re: where are the trick or treaters?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Our neighbors WILL think we're crabby! We disconnnected our doorbell and locked our gate! lol. In our defense, DH works midnights, so he's sleeping now, and our dogs would be going crazy if people kept knocking or ringing the bell. Now obviously our neighbors don't know this, so they think we're just asssssholes who lock the gate!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This is exactly my situation. I think I have eaten more candy than I have given out:)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wait until FI comes home and I give him the guilt trip for giving me one! geez. I mean it's raining here, but it's cleared up by now and you'd think these kids would want candy! I refuse to put it on the porch either bc last year I went to check and see if it was being taken, and the WHOLE thing was gone.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't have one treat or tricker!!! I wasn't home for part of the day, but I was for the prime time of treat or trickers. Haha. Now I have a HUGE bowl of candy. Damnit!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    dmoney79dmoney79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we only had about 9 kids...and like, 6 of them were teenagers just walking around with their half_assed costumes....and 2 of them were my neice and nephew...good thing i bought candy we liked....its our fist halloween in our house too....but, it is raining and we live on a dead end...in the woods...i probably shouldn't have purchased so much candy...ohwell...i don't have to worry about fitting in my dress anymore
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL I cut my doorbell this morning for the same reason.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I thank god that we have 3 kids of people in my complex.  Old people, single people and couples without kids. The very few kids we have, probably go to a better place, 4 years and I have never bought candy.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There are tons of kids in our neighborhood! I'm stumped. But next year... No candy bc I didn't get not one doorbell ring!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards